Rust server losing progress

rustcats
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Rust server losing progress

Post by rustcats »

Thank you for reminding me that I switched to the rust with all optional updates. That fixes one of my issues. Regardless of which rust option is chosen, the issue of the server not auto saving will still be there though, right? Is nfo in the position to give me the program/tool that automatically restarts a server if it crashes or hangs for use on an unmanaged server? It can't hurt to ask :)
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I don't know of a tool off the top of my head, but you might find an application that runs a program as a service, so it would automatically be restarted if it goes down (And started when the VDS/machine starts).
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I also do still plan to add a feature to allow sending an rcon command to a server shortly before it is shut down (when we are triggering the shutdown; it won't be possible do it for crashes, of course). That would mostly be a workaround for this bug, which occurs in a couple of games.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Check out Server Doc

http://www.serverdoc.com/
Findles
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Findles »

Edge100x wrote:On the "to do" list for some time now has been a feature to run a command or set of commands on a server prior to shutting it down. That would work to mitigate this bug.
Please do a server.save before reboot. I've done the workaround but would love this feature. My old provider had something like this set up and we never lost progress. Not dissing NFO, I love it here :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This was something on my high-priority, short-term to-do list prior to the Rust developers changing the rcon protocol to be less script-friendly. It's more up in the air right now.

The best possible solution continues to be the game developer making an automatic save when the server is asked to gracefully shut down.