Few important questions for my rust server

underline
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Few important questions for my rust server

Post by underline »

Hello, before i start to configure my server i have few very important questions,
I don't need all that kits and all other things, i would like to make server like officials.

1. My server is default how it is, is he will make auto updates to my server and after that auto restart aswell?
2. How i can set up full server wipe every month first thursday?
3. I would like to use my own hostname for server, i see that in description is one ip, Plain IP: 95.172.XX.XX can i make "A" record to this ip and i will work?

Thank you!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Few important questions for my rust server

Post by kraze »

1. My server is default how it is, is he will make auto updates to my server and after that auto restart aswell?
Required Rust updates are rolled out automatically on our end, the server will apply the update and will be automatically rebooted, yes.
2. How i can set up full server wipe every month first thursday?
This is an automatic wipe done by the developers of Rust, no action is needed on your part for this to occur.
3. I would like to use my own hostname for server, i see that in description is one ip, Plain IP: 95.172.XX.XX can i make "A" record to this ip and i will work?
Yes, you can setup an "A" name or "SRV" record and point it to your IP address. You'll just need to own the domain you want to use and have it hosted either with us or someone else.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
underline
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Few important questions for my rust server

Post by underline »

Thank you for your fast and great support.
All what i wanted to know. :))