Rust server files to be backed up.

Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rust server files to be backed up.

Post by Tamvegas »

Our rust server is down and they're thinking of changing to NFO as a provider in February. The server owner is not sure what files all need to be backed up to restore the present map etc. I've been a customer of NFO for years and am asking if someone could direct us to a list of files and directories that need to be backed up and restored. The present provider is giving no help and the server has been down for 16 hours now.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Rust server files to be backed up.

Post by TacTicToe »

Do you have root or FTP access?

In your root rust folder should be a folder called 'server' and your server should be inside that folder. From your command line there should be the variable +server.identity that is defined with the name of your server. There should be a sub folder in the server folder with that variables name

Rust/server/<your server>

You would want to Rar or Zip that folder. The oxide stuff you can just re-download and install later.
Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tamvegas »

Thanks for the reply TicTac. Got the server back up but there was a corrupted backup file so it was a wipe.
There may have been additional backups on the server but the provider gave no assistance on accessing them.
The current provider has given so little support that they'll be moving to NFO for the Feb 2nd wipe.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Sounds to me like no FTP or root access, so you would not be able to zip or download anyways.

I would just order your server from NFO and copy your config over and just start over that way, since you already wiped the server.