ARK Update 7/5 Broke server

mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

ARK Update 7/5 Broke server

Post by mennes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Hello, I have a managed ARK server running TheCenter. Today they updated ark, and now my server time is stuck at 00:00 and no one can connect to it? I restarted the server a few times now, so im assuming something in the update may have broke the server. I am not running any mods, so if anyone else is having this issue please let me know!

EDIT: I checked the ftp for "version.txt" and it says 244.2, which matches up to the current client version
My teamspeak is always open to the public, be sure to poke Mennes (me) to get your NFO group in teamspeak (:

kraze
Staff
Staff

Re: ARK Update 7/5 Broke server

Post by kraze » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:19 pm

That's definitely odd. Can you try connecting to our test server to see if it works?

arktest.game.nfoservers.com
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!

mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Didn't think to check that out.

I can join that server, so it must be something on my end. Its just odd, i hadn't changed anything prior or after the update.

What happens if i try to repair the server? I am wondering if maybe some files are missing or something
My teamspeak is always open to the public, be sure to poke Mennes (me) to get your NFO group in teamspeak (:

kraze
Staff
Staff

Post by kraze » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:26 pm

A repair just checks the server files against a known good copy and replaces and missing or corrupted files.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!

kraze
Staff
Staff

Post by kraze » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Seems to be a known issue/done on purpose.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... rt-server/
@Juski> Doesn't matter!

mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Ah. So it looks like i just have to wait. I'll give it an hour or so, if that doesn't work then i will keep poking around. Thanks for the help kraze!

kraze
Staff
Staff

Post by kraze » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:48 pm

mennes wrote:Ah. So it looks like i just have to wait. I'll give it an hour or so, if that doesn't work then i will keep poking around. Thanks for the help kraze!
Thank Reddit, as I wouldn't have seen that otherwise ;)

P.S Don't tell my boss I was looking at cat pictures on the internet while working..
@Juski> Doesn't matter!

mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:38 pm

kraze wrote:
P.S Don't tell my boss I was looking at cat pictures on the internet while working..
Your secrets are safe with me...but i am unsure about the forum ;o

My server is still not allowing me to connect. I even did a full repair. I will have to look into it tomorrow, hopefully it starts to magically work by tomorrow >.<

kraze
Staff
Staff

Post by kraze » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:30 am

mennes wrote:
kraze wrote:
Your secrets are safe with me...but i am unsure about the forum ;o

My server is still not allowing me to connect. I even did a full repair. I will have to look into it tomorrow, hopefully it starts to magically work by tomorrow >.<
If it doesn't start working it may be worth trying a server wipe to see if that helps out at all. You can also contact us to see if we see any notable issues on our end.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!

mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm

It ended up being, i only have 4gb of ram on the VDS. This update made it so when the server starts up, it uses way more RAM...So I am just going to see if i can get my vds switched over to the ark server. Much cheaper that way. But i have already done this in the past, and i was told it was a one time thing to switch like that.

So, turns out its a RAM issue. Stupid ark update :C

TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Seems it is just the initial startup. New biomes and creatures to spawn. After I updated, it did start a bit high but dropped off pretty quick. However, with 64 gigs of RAM, the RAM thing really isnt an issue for us. I would expect similar situations like this in the future as well, since they are always adding more new content instead of working on fixing actual issues. :roll: