Updating Ark Servers

Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Updating Ark Servers

Post by Freyar »

I just got my server online but it seems the server is already out of date. Name for the server reports 254.2, while it looks like the client is asking for 254.87.

How do I push it to update?

ddark.game.nfoservers.com
Ark: Survival Evolved
Server name reports 254.2, it appears current revision is 254.87. The server does NOT appear in the server lists.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Updating Ark Servers

Post by Edge100x »

Ark is a game that releases tons of optional updates, so it's common for servers here to be slightly behind the current release. In the past, we rolled out every new version, but customers did not tolerate all of the unnecessary restarts.

If you do see what seems to be a required update that has come out, and we haven't rolled it out, just open up a support request, and we'll push it.

I really wish they'd support UpToDateCheck, which would let us easily see when a required update is released. We already use that for other games that do support it.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Freyar »

I suppose I'll need to identify when there's a required update. I'll ask anyhow since the only revision I'm seeing populate on the server lists are x.87.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It looks like it is, from their changelog, so I've pushed it out.

Sometimes they do make mistakes in the changelog, so I hope that isn't the case here.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Freyar »

Hey, I'm just glad you guys are on top of this. My last provider was absolutely infuriating due to communication issues. (Tell me what's up and I'll usually be okay.)

Thanks for the quick updates. The support ticket was poked by Cody pretty quickly and at this point, I'm good and know what's going on.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're big on communication here! I'm glad that you brought the concern to us.