A Few ARK Survival Evolved Server Settings Questions

Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

A Few ARK Survival Evolved Server Settings Questions

Post by Nightmare5656 »

I currently rent an Ark server from NFO. Was wondering if anyone out there could answer a few simple questions.

1. Does anyone know how or if there is even a way to disable Alpha Dinos? If you play Ark you know that they more or less ruin the game because they are so overpowered and basically unstoppable killing machines.

2. Is there a way to increase the decompose time of your "loot bag" when dropped? My server is set to PvE and its only me and a few friends that play on it so sometimes when you die you need longer than the 15 minutes that is default to retrieve your items before they disappear forever. I tried adding GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier=5 to the game.ini file in my control panel as suggested by others online but it didn't work.

Any thought?
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Corsair Hydro Series H100
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: A Few ARK Survival Evolved Server Settings Questions

Post by Edge100x »

1. If they haven't removed this method, it looks like you can do it through Game.ini -- https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 066146248/

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Rex_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Carno_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Raptor_Character_BP_C")

2. It's odd that GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier didn't work for you. Are you sure you put it under [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]?
Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightmare5656 »

Edge100x wrote:1. If they haven't removed this method, it looks like you can do it through Game.ini -- https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 066146248/

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Rex_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Carno_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Raptor_Character_BP_C")

2. It's odd that GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier didn't work for you. Are you sure you put it under [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]?

Thanks for the first, I'll try that.

As for the second, I put it in Game.ini - I don't see the file "/script/shootergame.shootertamemode" in the FTP file manager on the control panel
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] is the section that it would need to be under in Game.ini. If you don't see that section, you can create it, like this.

Code: Select all

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier=5.0
Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightmare5656 »

Edge100x wrote:[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] is the section that it would need to be under in Game.ini. If you don't see that section, you can create it, like this.

Code: Select all

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier=5.0
I added that to Game.ini as you suggested and it works. There is now an hour and 15 minutes before the loot bag decomposes. So thanks for that.

I also put in what you said about the Alpha's and I can't really confirm if it worked or not. I played last night for about 4 hours and didn't see an Alpha, but that has happened before. It'll probably be a few days or more before I can say with certainty whether or not it actually worked. Either way Edge, thanks for your help. :D
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

:)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Yes those commands will eliminate the Alphas. They will spawn the non-alpha version. You could set it to "" and it will spawn nothing. To be sure you have none still roaming the isle enter this command in console.

admincheat DestroyWildDinos

This will kill off ALL non-tamed dinos on the server. There will probably be a momentary lag on the server, but it should pass after about 1 min. Then all new dinos will spawn and there will be no Alphas left on your island.
Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightmare5656 »

TacTicToe wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:00 pm Yes those commands will eliminate the Alphas. They will spawn the non-alpha version. You could set it to "" and it will spawn nothing. To be sure you have none still roaming the isle enter this command in console.

admincheat DestroyWildDinos

This will kill off ALL non-tamed dinos on the server. There will probably be a momentary lag on the server, but it should pass after about 1 min. Then all new dinos will spawn and there will be no Alphas left on your island.
Interesting, maybe I just ran into a few that hadn't died yet. Last night I was playing and seen 2 Alpha Raptors and an Alpha Carno, I was assuming that the command didn't work but if I'm understanding it correctly, that command replaces newly spawned Alphas with their Non-Alpha counterpart. So if I use the above command the server will kill all untamed dinos and spawn all new ones. Yea I would imagine respawning all dinos on the island would cause some lag :lol:
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Correct. If they existed they will remain. They are damn near impossible to kill or die off in the wild. If you want to get rid of them all and start fresh dinos, then you will want to kill all the wild dinos as I suggested. After that you should no longer run into them in the wild.
Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightmare5656 »

Since you guys were so helpful last time I had a question, I figured I would ask a few more. So...here we go:

I recently purchased the DLC for Ark, Scorched Earth. Here is were the confusion sets in. Basically I want to know a few things.

1. I've read that you can share created characters between The Island and Scorched Earth and I've read that you can't. I've read that you can't take anything from The Island to Scorched Earth, and I've also read that you can???
2. I've read that you need 2 servers running something that talks to each other to allow for character / item / dino swapping. I've also read that you can do it with one.

After spending an hour or two googling and reading, I can't seem to find any clear and concise answers. I could be looking i the wrong spot, but I just wanna know how to / if there is a way to take my lvl 100 character that I have in my server on The Island to Scorched Earth and then back again with everything I've collected / tamed.
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Nightmare5656 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 1. I've read that you can share created characters between The Island and Scorched Earth and I've read that you can't. I've read that you can't take anything from The Island to Scorched Earth, and I've also read that you can???
Yes you can. You need to install the Scorched Earth mod on your Island server. You can then edit the server config to have Wyvern's spawn on your server as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =758608778
Nightmare5656 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 2. I've read that you need 2 servers running something that talks to each other to allow for character / item / dino swapping. I've also read that you can do it with one.
Yes. You need to have 2 servers running from the same directory. I had 3 servers before, Island, Scorched Earth and The Center. 3 servers linked from the same directory and same IP with different port. You could then go to an obelisk and go from one island to the other. The scorched earth mod was installed on the island and center servers and allowed me to have my SE creatures on the other islands. I am not sure if NFO has the PPS servers setup to do this. I was on an un-managed box at the time.
Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightmare5656 »

TacTicToe wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 pm
Nightmare5656 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 1. I've read that you can share created characters between The Island and Scorched Earth and I've read that you can't. I've read that you can't take anything from The Island to Scorched Earth, and I've also read that you can???
Yes you can. You need to install the Scorched Earth mod on your Island server. You can then edit the server config to have Wyvern's spawn on your server as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =758608778
Nightmare5656 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 2. I've read that you need 2 servers running something that talks to each other to allow for character / item / dino swapping. I've also read that you can do it with one.
Yes. You need to have 2 servers running from the same directory. I had 3 servers before, Island, Scorched Earth and The Center. 3 servers linked from the same directory and same IP with different port. You could then go to an obelisk and go from one island to the other. The scorched earth mod was installed on the island and center servers and allowed me to have my SE creatures on the other islands. I am not sure if NFO has the PPS servers setup to do this. I was on an un-managed box at the time.
Alright, I'm a little confused. The Scorched Earth mod needs to be installed on my current NFO Island server to allow Wyvern's to spawn..on the island? I thought they were a SE specific dino?

So if the 2 servers are configured correctly, you travel back and forth from The Island to SE via an obelisk? After I posted these questions yesterday I found a few youtube videos showing this.
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Nightmare5656 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 am Alright, I'm a little confused. The Scorched Earth mod needs to be installed on my current NFO Island server to allow Wyvern's to spawn..on the island? I thought they were a SE specific dino?

So if the 2 servers are configured correctly, you travel back and forth from The Island to SE via an obelisk? After I posted these questions yesterday I found a few youtube videos showing this.
Yes. The mod, short for modification, modifies the behavior of your game server. Originally when the SE mod came out, the devs did some DMCA claim and made it go away. Because SE is a paid for DLC, and that mod was called whatever it was originally and it made it so a regular server was so much like SE, the devs did not like it. The guy that made the mod had to change the name and forget what else, but after his changes he was able to release that SE mod that you can install now.

Yes. You travel between the islands that are linked and can bring your pet with you.
Nightmare5656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightmare5656 »

TacTicToe wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:59 am
Nightmare5656 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 am Alright, I'm a little confused. The Scorched Earth mod needs to be installed on my current NFO Island server to allow Wyvern's to spawn..on the island? I thought they were a SE specific dino?

Yes. The mod, short for modification, modifies the behavior of your game server. Originally when the SE mod came out, the devs did some DMCA claim and made it go away. Because SE is a paid for DLC, and that mod was called whatever it was originally and it made it so a regular server was so much like SE, the devs did not like it. The guy that made the mod had to change the name and forget what else, but after his changes he was able to release that SE mod that you can install now.

Yes. You travel between the islands that are linked and can bring your pet with you.
Ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly, this MOD brings everything added in SE into the island. But its not required to actually play SE?
nIghTmAre

i7 -2600K Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
G.Skill Ripjaws X (8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Corsair Gold AX850
34" Ultrawide LG 34UM95
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Did you bother to read or check out the mod in the link I sent you?
Adds Scorched Earth content (Dinos, Items and Fear SE Dinos) for all and any maps.
Does not require the dlc purchase. Works on any map, Modded or Official.
Works together with any dino mods or core changing mods.
From the mods page.

SE is its own island, if you want to play on the SE island you have to buy that DLC. If you want the creatures etc from SE on other islands, you would use this mod to enable that.