This tutorial will explain how to setup your Ventrilo client to connect to your Ventrilo server.
- Download the latest Ventrilo client from the Ventrilo website.
Note: For this tutorial I am using Ventrilo 3.0.1
- Follow the directions in the installer to begin the Setup process.
- Launch your Ventrilo client. You should now have a window open similar to this. To set up your User Name click the box with the arrow in it (highlighted in blue).
- You are now in the User Setup area. Click the New button to create a new user.
- In the Name field, type the user name you wish to use. Press OK when you are finished.
- Your User Name will now be displayed. If you decide to create multiple users, you will be able to select them from the drop down menu.
- It is now time to setup your server information. Click the box highlighted in blue.
- Click the New button.
- I will be connecting to the NuclearFallout Community server. Press OK after you name your server.
- You will now be at this screen. This is where your server information will go. If you already know the information of your server, skip to Step 12. If not, continue on.
- Open your Control Panel and select your Ventrilo from the services list on the left hand side of your control panel. You will now be at the Status page. You can find your server information in the Server address field.
- Input the information into the designated fields. As you can see below, the server address I used was ventrilo.nuclearfallout.net and the port was 4300. If your server has a password, you will need to input that into the password field.
- Your server has now been added. From here you can connect to it, or if you have made an error simply repeat Step 12. The information for the server is stored so all you will need to do is edit it.