Creating a custom DNS entry to point to a server IP is simple and allows you to give out a name instead of an IP, which makes your server easier to remember.
1. Proceed to the "Domains" tab located within your webhosting control panel
2. Where it says "Subdomain" enter any name you choose. (EX:Vent,TS3)
3. Where it says "Type" select "A" from the drop down box
4. Where it says "Where it points" or "Target", enter the IP of your server. (do NOT use a port)
5. Click on "Submit changes"
You have now created a custom DNS entry for your server. Keep in mind that it can take some time for the IP to propagate.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 4362
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 am
- Location: California