Can I change my identifier?

Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Can I change my identifier?

Post by Vanderburg »

Yes! We can change your identifier for you. The identifier is the label of the package that is chosen when you order the package and is what shows in the control panel on the left side, where you select which service you want to view in the control panel. A new identifier has 4 criteria. It must be:

Between 3 and 14 characters
Contain only letters and numbers
Must start with a letter
Cannot conflict with another customers service

The 4th criteria means that if you want your standard game server to become "identifier1", but another customer has the website "identifier1", the identifier can't be used, because the standard game server includes a webhosting, so that identifier would already be in use. You would be able to use the identifier for a game server on a managed VDS, however, since it wouldn't include webhosting.

Importantly, if you have us change your webhosting identifier, this will change the MySQL username and database prefixes, so you'll need to update these from within the software using MySQL, including any addons on game servers. If you only wish to change the provided subdomain on your webhosting (xxxx.site.nfoservers.com), this can be changed by you from the Domains tab of your webhosting control panel.