Possibly leaving, but these people are amazing

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
Cludas18
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Possibly leaving, but these people are amazing

Post by Cludas18 »

I have a fairly popular Garrys Mod server. With NFo, I was able to get to to where it is, with almost 60 people on at some times. They were a bit overpriced, since I was just coming from Elpis Host (They were okay, but terrible support) but I had heard many good reviews, and decided to give it a shot. I had a little bit of trouble at first, but it was quickly resolved. I kept a standard game server for a few weeks, then I found out about the Virtual server plans. As soon as I understood what it was, I upgraded to it, and it was a great choice. Now, onto the reason I'm possibly leaving. With how popular one of our servers is getting, we can't afford to have it crash as often as it does. I don't know if its a corrupt extension, or the machine just can't handle that many people. But I'm going to look at some dedicated server plans from some other hosts. The ones from NFO are a bit out of my price range, so I've decided to look elsewhere. I'll probably keep 2 hosts at once, until everyone transfers to the new server with the new ip, then cancel my NFO subscription. If the same problem happens on the new server, I'll be back for sure.

But I just wanna say, if you're looking for good game servers, Ventrillo's, TS3's, web hosting, then I highly suggest you rent from NFO. These people have the fastest + friendliest support you can find, and I'm very happy to have a server with them. Even though I may be leaving, this is a very hard decision for me. Thanks for reading.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Possibly leaving, but these people are amazing

Post by soja »

A game server would not crash because of too high load. It is also highly unlikely that on managed there is a corrupt extension. You should post in the Garrysmod section of these forums to see if anyone can help you track down the cause for your crashes.

For a high slot garrysmod server, a shared game server would be the best option. Gmod can easily use an entire core from physics calculations being done in the sandbox-esque environment. This requires bare hardware performance.
Not a NFO employee
Cludas18
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Cludas18 »

soja wrote:You should post in the Garrysmod section of these forums to see if anyone can help you track down the cause for your crashes.
I might try that.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The crashing would be very unlikely to be due to an infrastructure concern, so downgrading to a dedicated server at another host would not help with that =\.
Cludas18
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Cludas18 »

Edge100x wrote:The crashing would be very unlikely to be due to an infrastructure concern, so downgrading to a dedicated server at another host would not help with that =\.
Yes, after hosting with someone else for a few days, I was having the same problem :/ Back with NFO. I think I kinda fixed it anyways (doesnt crash nearly as much)
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

You should try running your game server with -condebug in your launch parameters and then check the console.log for any errors.