Best Host Ever, Period.

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
MonkeySpanker
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Best Host Ever, Period.

Post by MonkeySpanker »

I could post 10 more of these reviews, yet, it would still not cover the scope of love I have for these guys. The Prices continuously go down, John, the CEO is unlike other owners, he will work 1 on 1 with you to help with ANYTHING. That is one thing that never ceases to amaze me. Their support staff is friendly, efficient, and will not stop until your problem is solved. The performance for Game servers is just phenomenal, For VDS's it is generally well. Dedicated Machines (From being fortunate enough to be added to one by a great friend of mine for a few months) are only the slightest bit slower than Standalone Game Servers, but, really over time you wouldn't notice the difference. I sincerely hope for the best for everybody at NFO and I will try anything to stay as long as possible with such a great company, after such a long time with them you will start to feel like they are your friends rather than the experience you receive with other GSPs where every employee comes off as some corporate drone behind a computer.

Now my praise will never end but with every service, there is always room for improvement, the only suggestions I have really are:

- Make it possible for all but Included Webhosting plans to use SSL Certificates, there shouldn't be a premium for going the extra mile of protecting user's information. SSL certificates alone already cost so to charge more to use them just doesn't strike me well.

- For VPS's after the recent change in pricing, I was very disappointed that we couldn't use our own versions of Windows since I already own multiple copies of Win2008 and Win2012R2 from operating my own servers in my home and having an excess right now. I would hate to pay an additional 15 dollars a month per VPS for software I already own.

- Creating a form of "Managed Webhosting" if possible, some users may have several websites in excess of 4 or more Sites operating all with Forum Software, Guest Users randomly browsing, Google Indexing Bots scouring the sites, and much more. This will eat away at the limited RAM current web servers have which degrades performance.

- Implementing more CloudFlare compatibility in the future if possible. I currently have a paid account with CloudFlare which I use for some of my sites. The fact is that many website owners are adopting this great tool to better protect their websites and improve loading times for users far away from Seattle which is where all Webservers are located at the moment I believe. The thing is as many people may already know is that CloudFlare along with NFO causes Error 503's to appear randomly throughout the day which is massively frustrating for anyone using the sites and for people like me that use External Cron websites and this downtime causes this process to fail. Just something to consider if time constraints allow.

Thank you to anyone at NFO that took the time to read this, Stay Awesome! :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Best Host Ever, Period.

Post by Edge100x »

MonkeySpanker wrote:- Make it possible for all but Included Webhosting plans to use SSL Certificates, there shouldn't be a premium for going the extra mile of protecting user's information. SSL certificates alone already cost so to charge more to use them just doesn't strike me well.
We will be working on support for Let's Encrypt. Right now we have traditional SSL support, with each customer given a unique IP address and changes to SSL not automated, which is why we have to charge more for it.
- For VPS's after the recent change in pricing, I was very disappointed that we couldn't use our own versions of Windows since I already own multiple copies of Win2008 and Win2012R2 from operating my own servers in my home and having an excess right now. I would hate to pay an additional 15 dollars a month per VPS for software I already own.
Unfortunately, Microsoft does not allow us to do that.
- Creating a form of "Managed Webhosting" if possible, some users may have several websites in excess of 4 or more Sites operating all with Forum Software, Guest Users randomly browsing, Google Indexing Bots scouring the sites, and much more. This will eat away at the limited RAM current web servers have which degrades performance.
I haven't seen problems with performance with our regular hosting for most customers, but that's something we can look into if the demand is there.
- Implementing more CloudFlare compatibility in the future if possible. I currently have a paid account with CloudFlare which I use for some of my sites. The fact is that many website owners are adopting this great tool to better protect their websites and improve loading times for users far away from Seattle which is where all Webservers are located at the moment I believe. The thing is as many people may already know is that CloudFlare along with NFO causes Error 503's to appear randomly throughout the day which is massively frustrating for anyone using the sites and for people like me that use External Cron websites and this downtime causes this process to fail. Just something to consider if time constraints allow.
We have many customers who use CloudFlare and I have not seen it cause 503 errors. If you see these, please gather more information and submit a support request, so that I can take a look. It is possible that you have a script that is hanging, or something along those lines.

The main problems that I see with CloudFlare are that it does not handle many attacks very well (and makes them almost impossible to handle on our end), reduces performance for dynamic content, and increases complication. I do not recommend using it. Instead, for static content, I recommend considering a traditional CDN.
ajkid93
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ajkid93 »

How much more is a SSL certificate?
MonkeySpanker
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MonkeySpanker »

ajkid93 wrote:How much more is a SSL certificate?
It depends, if you only want 1 domain protected (Not Including Subdomains) it will set you back only 10 bucks depending on who you buy it from. If you want to protect a whole domain (Including Subdomains) it can cost upwards of 100$. Please note that NFO doesn't sell SSL certificates so you must buy one from another source. I suggest Namecheap but there are many other vendors.