Very Skeptical at First, Can't Praise Enough

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
Denver Mike
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Very Skeptical at First, Can't Praise Enough

Post by Denver Mike »

Sorry guys, I type fast and tend to ramble, sorry but I'm sure I'll write a book below.

I was doing a lot of research to find a server to host my Condition Zero Clan.

Just when I was about to go with a company until I stumbled onto the NFO site. I couldn't believe the prices that were being offered. Being in sales myself I wanted to prove the age old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Then I searched and searched for a contact number to ask my long list of questions about the company and how they could support someone that has never run a gaming server before. I could not find a phone number for support anywhere. I decided to give up. If a hosting company can't get someone on the phone for me to talk to, something is wrong.

For whatever reason, hours later I decided to get back on the site and email support to ask some of my questions. After I sent the email I got on the phone to tell my buddy that I had found my server company and wanted to make sure as to how many slots we needed, etc.

Within 3 minutes I had Tom at NFO return my email with my questions answered. I put my other server order on hold.

Without dragging you through 7-10 emails between Tom and I, I can say this. I was getting answered to my questions via email faster than the time I spend on hold with my local phone company.

After all questions were answered (probably about 15 emails in all) I ordered my server. That was up practically instantly.

Over the course of the next 2 weeks I wanted to mess with every little configuration file to get the server just the way I want it. The FAQs cover just about anything you need to know.

Then I found MIRC and #nfo-support. If any of those guys are reading this, they definatley know who I am. These guys are server GODS.

Whereas I could probably dig around the files and/or actually read some instructions, the guys in the support channel have yet to fail me. I often feel like a pest going in there so often but they remind me that the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked.

I have upgraded my server sereral times, Psychostats, more slots, etc. Each time they happened very quickly.

I've been doing this a very short time and I can add plugins, admins, upload maps, etc. By no means have I mastered anything, but I went from zero knowledge about these things to being able to help so of my friends that run servers as well.

The pings that my players are getting are unbelievable.

If you have any questions about NFO or have any doubts you can contact me at anytime on my server or website.

My only concern is that the word on NFO gets out and I have more competition for players.

Drop by and check us out http://www.bob-cz.net

Regards,

Denver Mike