Fast, Quality Service

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Fast, Quality Service

Post by eLectrix »

I've been here at NFO just over a year now. I rent two BF1942 servers and a ventrilo server. Over this time, there have been little glitches here and there, lots of server changes and even some price changes allowing us to take advantage of sale prices.

I'd like to give you an example of how flexible and accomodating NFO is on behalf of their clients. When we rented our first server, it immediately was popular. We weren't really sure why - it just was. As time went by, we rented a second server to accomodate our growing population.

That server went in to a different physical location from the first. Because we were having some small glitches occur on the first server from time to time, we decided to move them both to the new location. Our server traffic died off. For some reason, the way the game filtered servers, our servers showed up way down the list and so attracted no random traffic anymore. We were patient our regs kept up the main server, but our second became empty.

In talking with NFO it was decided to go back to our original address. We tested it and low and behold, we were up at the top of the list again! The only problem now was that NFO didn't really use that location much anymore and putting both our servers back there required new hardware and a dedicated box.

And so we come to the point of this short novel. They happily went back to the old location, installed the necessary hardware and we were up and running and back in the game in no time flat.

Every time I have had a problem, I get an answer within a couple hours max. Sometimes it's within 5 minutes. This, all by email. If I have a really urgent problem, I can hop in their IRC channel and immediately get a fix from one of the many volunteer helpers who idle their for our benefit.

It's a been a good year for us, our group has prospered and grown and we expect to do so for some time to come. Thanks NFO for a great year of gaming!

Regards,

-Jon
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by eLectrix »

Two years almost exactly - still here and happy!

-Jon
Uranus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Uranus »

Where was your server when your population was booming? And also where did you change it to?