NFO comes through in a crisis.

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
eyethumper
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO comes through in a crisis.

Post by eyethumper »

On Sept. 23 Valve released a patch that broke just about every CS Source server out there, and also broke a lot of clients.

NFO saw the issue, found out it was related to the mani plugin, and removed all plugins, in the morning before I even woke up.

At first I was pissed because none of my plugins were working, but that day my server was full nearly 24 hours, because other server were still down and the NFO servers were up.

My server is still new and having that many new people come through the server has had a lasting effect on my server population, which continues to grow since then.

I used to have an average of 5 players per 24 hour period (including when the server is empty). Now I have 7.32 players per 24 hour period. While this may seem inconsequential, it is NOT I assure you. Adding 2 players per average day including downtime is a HUGE amount.

Thanks to NFO for detecting the issue, figuring it out, putting a temporary fix in, and getting the NFO servers back up while 75% of all other CS servers were DOWN.
eyethumper
A regular
A regular

Post by eyethumper »

Just to clarify, NFO didn't "remove all plugins"; they simply moved the plugins to a backup folder, and cleared the "addons" folder followed by a restart.