Shop around...I did and here is what I found

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
Ender
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Shop around...I did and here is what I found

Post by Ender »

With so many server providers all clamering for a shot to host your game server, you can find some cheap servers out there. However, cheap servers don't always mean a good buy. I could host a dedicated on my computer for you and only charge a couple bucks, but the performance would be horrible. A good server provider must have excellent performing servers, great price, and a dedicated support team.

When looking for great servers I read countless reviews and have personaly tried, griffunrun, velocity, fragism, clanservers and NFo. Some had nice features like the ability to transfer your servers datacenters, instant server activation, server CP.

Ill start with griffunrun, overpriced. Period. Velocity, when I initially tried them had some great deals but had horrible performance. Checked them out recently and they are now even more expensive and am afraid to try another of their servers. Fragism, had exellent performing hardware, matched only probably to NFo's new hardware, but four days after I ordered the server it still wasn't setup, on top of the fact that they were a bit expensive. (Fragism has since been bought out by clan servers).

Clanservers when I tried them out initally, came with free webspace and a free voice server. You must now pay for a voice server even with a server. Clan servers has some nice features like server CP, abilty to add people to the CP, clanpay, and free datacenter transfers. They have decent prices but beware, they are overused in my opinion. There is often server lags (granted I do use many plugins).

Nuclearfallout has been by far the best host I have ever used. Their CP has no match. Their server CP makes administrating and setting the server up a breeze. Not to mention, web tools such as PHPBB and PHPNUKE setup scripts to allow even the noobiest of web masters to have a professional site up in seconds.

Their customer service is also supurb. Anythime I had a question I got a very knowledge person in live chat withen seconds. Knowing I don't have to wait days for an email when my server is down or having problems is a huge plus.

They have a great deal of datacenters across the country so there is always one close by. For someone like me, who lives in Sacramento, CA, knowing I can choose from LA, San Jose, or Seattle is a major plus. Their Internap accelerated servers have yet to be matched by any server I have ever seen.

Their latest sale with discounts on their accerator at LA and Seattle along with $2 slot in LA made it an unbeatable price. Their Hybrid servers give me a higher ping than some other servers but hit registration is dead on and even with all the plugins I use there, is not even the hint of server lag. The performance boosters are a bit pricy, but the additional performance boost is one that cannot be beaten, and I dare you to compare any NFo server to any Griffenrun server in both price and service and NFo has them beat in both.

Their referal program is very easy to setup, and the bonuses are immediate making the program even more rewarding. I recommend everyone shop around, many server providers offer freee trials or at least test servers (though I often wonder how accurate those are in reflecting actual rented server performance), and see which provider works best for you.

Remember however, to always select the best deal, which isn't always the cheapest server. For me however, NFo is the only provider I will rent from again.