NuclearFallout is well worth it

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
OPC
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NuclearFallout is well worth it

Post by OPC »

I ran the OPC server through NuclearFallout for about 1 1/2 years. Everyone kept telling me to switch to another provider since it's cheaper, but there were so many reasons to stick with NuclearFallout:

- servers are not overloaded
- everyone has an amazing connection
- everything is automated, no waiting
- customer service is almost instantaneous
- the control panel gives you insight into the server status, reports details of all outages, and has a slick server console feature (or at least for CS:S)

I've since switched to a different company to run a "cheap" plugin demo server. It's okay for what I need right now but pings jump around a lot, customer service is more difficult to access (not horrid, just a longer wait), and there does not seem to be a web interface to tell me if the server is actually running or not.

If I ever run a real server again I'd choose NuclearFallout again in a heartbeat.
munceenuts
New to forums
New to forums

Post by munceenuts »

Are you the person that ran the opc server? That was the best CSS server ever. It sucked so bad when it went down.
OPC
New to forums
New to forums

Post by OPC »

Hey munceenuts -

Yeah that was me (MysteryMeat / OPC Custom Maps server). You might want to try this server:

SHUT UP AND DIE! (NO pussies) : 66.150.164.62:27015

A few players started this up using 2 of my CS:S plugins plus many of the same maps. I gave them a zip file with the entire server directory hierarchy on it. It's also hosted on NuclearFallout.

And just to add a little more to the testimonial...

* I had a *much* more stable website through NuclearFallout than I do with my current web provider for my plugin website (and they do nothing but web hosting!)

* I can't tell you how much I can't stand my nameless yet well known game service provider. Only have a few days left with them. Pings jump around, the server is frequently inexplicably laggy, and it drives me insane not being able to tell if the server is even up or how many times it has crashed, if at all.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Once you try NFo...you will never get enough of it.
They have the best servers out there.
akoz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by akoz »

and has a slick server console feature (or at least for CS:S)
is this also with CS 1.6??
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

It's called rcon tool and it is on your server control page.
-Nick