Would like to thank...

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
KiLL3r CLOWN
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Would like to thank...

Post by KiLL3r CLOWN »

I would like to say my goodbyes to every one at NFO especially TimeX, Nick and John. I've been with NFO for almost 2 1/2 years now and have never received such good service. They are always on top of every thing going on. They always have the answer and have it in a timely manner. TimeX and Nick have both spent hours and hours with me over the years helping me out with things that I either didn't understand or things that I screwed up myself (Which happened a lot I might add). I've gotten better though. I can't remember the last time I had to send an email or join IRC.

I really hate having to leave but I simply can't afford to keep paying the amount that I've been paying for the server. It's just too much for me right now. I'm trying to fix up my house to get ready to sell, x-mas just passed and my wifes birthday 3 days later. Too much money lol. I have gone with a different server company (Will not mention the name) only due to the cost difference.

If I ever get to the point where I can afford to spend more money on a server, I will come back to NFO without any questions. They are worth every penny if you have the penny to spend. I will miss their service very very much.

I have a good feeling the company I've changed to service will never meet NFO's expectations. I had to call them regarding the set up, and the guy answered the phone and said "Hello, who's this?", instead of say the company name and how can I help you? haha. I find that a little funny, but that's just me. I thought I had the wrong number heh.

Well, let my say thank you to you guys one last time and let you know how much I've appreciated your help and service. Keep up the good work and you'll help NFO become much bigger and better then they ever have been.

Happy New Year to you all!!!

Thanks,
KiLL3rCLOWN
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Well i switched from NFo but i came back to NFo the next day because well the new company didn't meet the requirement and i had a weird feeling in my guts about that company..i mean 3 hours to install a single server? wow..well NFo is the best with instant server setup and by far the best support team out there for a GSP.
nickspohn
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nickspohn »

I always wanted a NFo, but if i was going to get a NFo, it needed to be a Hyper. So i went with Velocity...and lasted 1 month. Then Unitedfrag, and they said i have there "bad box", so of course, left them. Then got some money rounded up for the team, and bought a Hyper, and i love it. Until i come into your situation, I'll never switch servers.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

ahah. Velocity support sux
UnitedFrag doesn't know what they are doing.

No comment about the rest of the GSP's.
eyehategod
New to forums
New to forums

Post by eyehategod »

nickspohn wrote:I always wanted a NFo, but if i was going to get a NFo, it needed to be a Hyper. So i went with Velocity...and lasted 1 month. Then Unitedfrag, and they said i have there "bad box", so of course, left them. Then got some money rounded up for the team, and bought a Hyper, and i love it. Until i come into your situation, I'll never switch servers.
"bad box"

lol
nickspohn
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nickspohn »

They said it was there AMD box and there only AMD server was bad. He said he would have a new server sent in in a week. He didn't want to give me my money back.
KiLL3r CLOWN
New to forums
New to forums

Post by KiLL3r CLOWN »

Well, it looks like I'm back with NFO already ;)

I went with an other company as stated above which turned out to be more of a hassle then an experience. Their support was... How can I say this... The worst I've ever seen. That's being nice about it. The reason I got so personal with their support is because from day one, the server was getting large lag spikes. They said that it was probably due to the Mods/Plugins that I was running. So I did what NFO always had me do and that was to disable one plugin at a time to see if the issue went away. Well, I ended up with no plugins running and no AMXX and still had the same lag spikes.

So I replied back to them letting them know that I ran the server completey default for 48 hours with the same results as I had with everything turned on. They said that they would look into it. Three days later, I still had not heard anything from them. So I sent them back an email asking if there was any progress in getting this resolved. Three days later still no responce so I go to "add-on" to my open support ticket to see what the deal is and much to my surprise, I find my ticket closed out with no comments from them as to why.

So I open an other ticket asking why that one was closed since the issue still hasn't been resolved. Check back the next day and guess what, they closed that ticket it too. So I sent them one more ticket explaining to them that this is starting to get out of hand and if they are not willing to look into the issue, then I will cancel my subscription with them at the end of the month.

It gets better. This was on January 19th that I sent the last support ticket it telling them this. Not but 15 minutes later, I found that my server had been shut down and got an email from them saying that they cancelled my server and refunded my the rest of the money for the remainder of the month. How funny and childish is that?

I should have known that they were going to be like that. If you go to their web site, half of the links on there don't work. They have server test ip addresses that don't exist. They don't have forums. They don't have an IRC channel. But they do however have AIM but don't respond to it ROFL... They were a joke. I went there cause a friend of my recommended them a while back to me. He had three servers from them a while back before he went and got his own dedicated server.

For those that are thinking about leaving NFO as I did. I strongly recommend reconsidering. Yes, they are expensive compaired to a lot of other server companies. But from my past experience, you get what you pay for. The cost of the NFO server(s) is the only reason why I left. It had nothing to do with their service or servers. I was just having a hard time paying for it ever month. I was able to get a few people to chip in an d help me this go around so I'm back!!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Give me a hug clown!
Good to see you back <3