100 Percent Satisfaction

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
SurfDevil
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

100 Percent Satisfaction

Post by SurfDevil »

I am thoroughly impressed with the degree of customer service provided by NuclearFallout.

About 2 weeks ago now I was at home and wanted to play some cs. Well, bad news for me because I was pinging about 10 times higher than normal on the server I rent from NFo. My first thought was... "I hate my ISP, my ISP SUCKS!!!" The only reason I was thinking this was because not another person I was playing with was spiking.

I know a bit about networking and how to narrow the problem areas down so I decided to trace route the server. I found that the hop from Level 3 Communications in Tustin to Level 3 Communications in Los Angeles jumped to about 100 ms. Needless to say, I was a little relieved that it wasn't my ISP but dissappointed that the server I pay for was having connection problems. Obviously, my first reaction was to flame on NFo. With the beauty of hindsight I realize that frankly shit happens and sometimes nothing can be done to prevent it. Being a customer though, I expect results quickly. Believe me when I tell you, they were.

In my past experiences I have rented servers from companies that stress their IRC tech support a bit more than NFo does. So, I went into #nuclearfallout and tried to snag an admin. I asked for the help of an admin and received little in the way of a response. One of the ops started to talk to me then just disappeared in mid conversation. I sat for another 5 minutes or so and said, "screw this!" When I came back about 30 minutes later I again posted my question. This time I realized how many ops there were and how little were actually helping (6 of 23 were marked away). Finally, [FH]Solid_Snake-NFo`away started to answer me. I found out from him that I had done most of the things the FAQ had suggested, except for emailing the information to rentals@nuclearfallout.net I know now that the IRC for NFo is more for the community at large and not the actual customer base they carry. I guess I just prefer speaking with a person than getting a broad faq response from a website or even an emailed response an hour from now. Patience is a virtue and I have very little.

Everyone reading this must think I hate NFo right now, but in all actuality I was just misinformed. I was under the impression the IRC channel was for 'everything'. May it be rentals, server admins, or anything else. I found out ex post facto from John that the IRC channel is not their for rental support (many of you might notice there is a new support channel for irc) and email should be the preferred method of support. Every time I've had to email a company for technical support it is disastrous. Delayed responses, misunderstanding of information between the people, and a compound of other factors. With NFo however, I found that the email was quick, informative, and reassuring to what was going on. I was provided 'play by play' emails of the status on the Lag spikes. It turned out that Level 3 Tustin was having an internal router problem.

In the end I was only out of my server for a short while. I emailed Tom at 5:01 PM. Left my house to get some food and came back at 7:00 PM to a lag free server and an email time stamped at 6:34 PM stating the problem had been found and was being addressed.

The customer service from Tom and John is off the charts. They addressed the situation and had it taken care of promptly (faster than I've had from other companies in similiar situations). Not only have I been satisfied with the services and products NFo has to offer, but I have also learned things since I've been here. A note to any new (and even existing) customers, read the information NFo has on rates and latency issues.

If anyone has any questions about what went on (I'm sure I went into a lot of detail) feel free to ask. I am more than willing to share my 2 cents of experience with NFo to any that ask. NFo is well worth it. I've been from zhonet to game daemons to siu. NFo is far and above all the others.

-Michael Bowman
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

o0o0h now thats something Mike.

someone denouncing gamedaemons and siding with nuclearfallout :)

I hope I see ya at POM's LAN