Nearly 4 Month Review

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
blue2kx
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Nearly 4 Month Review

Post by blue2kx »

NFOServers is a host who has a good reputation as a gameserver provider. While it may not exactly be the cheapest, I certainly think they offer great service. Their main market is game servers, but they also offer VPS and dedicated servers, although these are also mostly used for gaming purposes.

I ordered a VPS from them in November because I wanted to move up from single game servers and learn more about VPS. I had problems ordering at first since I needed a CC with my paypal account although it was verified. I solved this and I eventually just got a prepaid credit card to link to my account.

I talked to sales and they were very quick to answer my questions. I was hoping support would be just as quick and I wasn't disappointed.

I got my server and started exploring. The control panel was simple, nothing too flashy but good. I can't really comment or compare it to any others since I haven't seen much but it gave me the statistics that I wanted, controllability and all that I would have needed.

Support - I must say that the support was excellent. I'm the type of person who usually tries to figure out things by myself but since I was very new to this, I needed a lot of help. Luckily, NFO had great support and an excellent knowledgebase that I could use. Initially, I exchanged many emails at their support email. John, who seems to handle a lot of things up front (sales & support), eventually pointed me to their forums which were very helpful and contained answers to many of the questions that I had.

I ran CS 1.6 servers on my VPS and I found that I was able to change my OS easily. There were a lot of options. I wanted to try running my server on Linux first and mind you, I had absolutely no clue with Linux but I was able to learn a great deal from their forums. I eventually switched to Windows and I found it much more familiar. I ran into a few problems sometimes that I couldn't solve and support was swift to provide help. These days I don't usually ask for support as I've learned enough to manage myself but I do appreciate how great they've been.

Network: I found the network excellent overall as well. I was with a previous provider who was in the same location and was quite excellent (they were good as well but they didn't offer any VPS). My players gave me good reviews for the new server and were generally happy. More information can be found here.