Webhosting

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
shooterdfl
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Webhosting

Post by shooterdfl »

Well, I finally did it. I worked up the courage to move my site from hostgator to NFO. I was afraid of not having cPanel, that I would lose or corrupt my sites database or that vBulletin would somehow not work on NFO's servers. Like I said, I worked up the courage and man am I glad I did! There were a few quirks, none of which had anything to do with NFO.

The site is up and running (actually 3 sites) and the load times are AMAZING when compared to hostgator. My frontpage used to take anywhere from 3-20 seconds to load and now loads anywhere from .1-1.5 seconds. There is no page on my site that hasn't experienced dramatic improvement in load times. No database errors (I was getting mysql out of memory errors daily at hostgator) so far knock on wood. I still have 6 months left on the hostgator subscription but I don't care the increase in performance here at NFO is worth the cost. Not that NFO is expensive, it's actually cheaper by the month than 2nd year subscription at hostgator.

I've been buying game servers for my squad from John and the crew at NFO for a number of years. They are not always the cheapest deal on the planet but who wants that anyway? The quality of their product coupled with an outstanding service culture makes dealing with NFO a no-brainer.
shooterdfl
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Webhosting

Post by shooterdfl »

Shameless plug: BTW, the main site is www.dflgaming.com

sHooter aka sr.dfl
Webmaster and chief bottle washer
Delta Force Legends .dfl
www.dflgaming.com