I want to add reserve slots to my server, how can I do that?

Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I want to add reserve slots to my server, how can I do that?

Post by Nick|NFo »

You'll need to edit addons/adminmod/config/adminmod.cfg. These are the settings you'll need to change:

reserve_slots <#>
Controls how many of the server's slots are reserved. This is useful only if reserve_type, below, is either 0 or 2.

reserve_slots_msg "<data>"
This is the message shown to someone who gets kicked when there are only reserved slots left on the server, and they do not have reserved access.
reserve_type <#>
This controls how reserve slots work on the server (the default is 0).

* reserve_type 0: Public slots are used in preference to reserved slots. Reserved slots are freed before public slots.
* reserve_type 1: One slot is always reserved (regardless of reserve_slots). If someone with reserve access joins into that slot, the highest pinger without reserve access is kicked to make room. Thus, one slot always remains free.
* reserve_type 2: Reserve slots are used in preference to public slots. Public slots are freed before reserved slots.

The difference between reserve_type 0 and reserve_type 2 may not be immediately apparent. Here's an example: Suppose there is a 16 player server, with 2 reserved slots. Thus, with no one on, there are 14 public slots, and 2 reserved slots:

* reserve_type 0: Someone with reserved access joins. There are now 13 public slots, and 2 reserved slots (the person does not take a reserved slot, because those are used only when necessary). The server later fills up, so there are 0 public slots and 0 reserved slots. If anyone leaves, whether they have reserved access or not, it is a reserved slot that is freed, not a public one.
* reserve_type 2: Someone with reserved access joins. There are now 14 public slots, and 1 reserved slot (the person takes a reserved slot). The server later fills up, so there are 0 public slots and 0 reserved slots. If someone with reserved access leaves, it frees up a reserved slot; if someone without reserved access leaves, it frees up a public slot.
-Nick