private servers for games

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
hxienlee
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

private servers for games

Post by hxienlee »

I am playing Show Online. I was wondering how i can go about making a Private Server. i have seen and herd other ppl talk about there private servers for W.o.W. and other games, just kinda curious cuz i would love to make my own also for this game. Please help me out ty. have a nice day.
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: private servers for games

Post by Siren »

For some of those games it is illegal to run a private server, I know this to be the case with WoW so be sure to check into that before you make one.
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

You would also be on your own for the installation/setup/maintenance of this. You would need an unmanaged dedi or vds to run such a server at NFO.
Not a NFO employee
drakken
New to forums
New to forums

Post by drakken »

how about Running Shaiya Private Online games? can i do running Shaiya Private server in this host?

im planing also to run online games with on my own..
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

drakken wrote:how about Running Shaiya Private Online games? can i do running Shaiya Private server in this host?

im planing also to run online games with on my own..
If NFO recieves a takedown request for this you will probably be asked to take your server down. Keep that in mind.

From a technical aspect you probably be able to run your private server from the virtual servers here, as long as they don't require any 3D rendering. I mention this because a few people have been trying to bot in online MMOs here, and the game runs very poor(A VDS can't really render a 2d/3d game well).
Not a NFO employee