Question about RO2: RS Server

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
ElBurroDeMuerte
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Question about RO2: RS Server

Post by ElBurroDeMuerte »

Thinking of options to run a server, I know I want a server from NFO, just trying ti find out a few answers, apologies ahead of time, I searched a few out, but most pertained to other games.

1) If I get a VPS, is there an option to make it Ranked? I didn't see anything on Tripwire's wiki but thought I would ask experts.
2) If not, and I instead rent a Ranked server via NFO, are you able to have it run both normal RO2 content as well as RS content? Does it require and reconfigurations?
3) Can you switch game modes via web admin portal, and if renting a ranked server will you still be able to do the coop/mp function later on when it is added?
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Question about RO2: RS Server

Post by J-English »

I run rs and ro2 on my vds.
You will be given a link to your web admin panel for ro2/rs.
Any settings you configure will either make your server ranked or unranked that all depends on what settings u choose.
Rs and ro2 in your web admin cpanel gives u a choice in what gamemodes u want to run and what maps you would like to add into your mapcycle.as for mods(mutators) and custom maps you have to c
Configure that yourself,and upload that to your ftp gameserver then configure it in your web admin cpanel.
As for new gamemodes to be added,that will be added automatically to your web admin.
ElBurroDeMuerte
New to forums
New to forums

Thank you for your quick reply, can I pick your brain about your specs to player slots you get off your VPS? I would prefer to do VPS but not sure how many vcpus and ram you're running and your slot count if possible?
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

i currently run an 8 core vds,but i have a number of other gameservers on them.
currently i run 3 no more room in hell servers which are full at the moment.
i run rs server 64 players currently about 57 players online
ro2 server 64 player slot ,currently have 32 players online so far.
also css server couple of players online.
arma 3 which is a 64 player which is empty.

my cpu usage is around 32% memory available is around 5200mb so far which is free.
mines the 8 core plan with added 1gb of memory.

you get the rough idea of how it runs.Depends what you want to run,pick to you`re liking.
https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
ElBurroDeMuerte
New to forums
New to forums

Awesome, thanks for the info, I tend to run a single game server at once, though I could see running both an Arma 3 like I was on a prior VPS host and then rs 32-64 player. Think I'll give the 3 core a go first and see how it holds up.

I've literally been tinkering around with the pricing page for a few weeks now. Guess it's just time to pull the trigger. Thank you again.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

Arma 3 is resource hungry,i would go for 4 core on a managed machine.
Makes life alot easier when installing games.if u want to run custm maps for ro2/rs,you will need a fastdl server,which u can purchase a lite version of a webhosting plan..couple of bucks extra.

https://www.nfoservers.com/webhosting.php
More info here for managed and un-managed vds/vps

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=4559