TS3 & 2-core VPS question

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
hybrid82
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TS3 & 2-core VPS question

Post by hybrid82 »

I was wondering, if I obtain a TS3 server, but already have a 2-core VPS, could I integrate these 2 together? Or do they have to be on separate machines?
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: TS3 & 2-core VPS question

Post by rymax99 »

If it's an unmanaged server, yes, you can install anything you want within NFO TOS. If it's a managed server, you won't be able to do that I don't believe.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

If you mean buying a TS3 server from NFO, then no. NFO cannot run their licensed TS3 servers on your unmanaged VDS. They also won't run TS3 on a managed game server only VDS to keep performance top notch.

You can download and install your own TS3 server onto your unmanaged VDS if you like. The unlicensed version allows a single 32 slot server, and the Non-profit license allows I think 2 virtual servers and 512 total slots now.
Not a NFO employee
hybrid82
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by hybrid82 »

I have the free unlicensed version which allows a single 32 slot server, but need to expand and have more slots which is why I was wondering about this in the first place.

Currently this unlicensed version is on my 2-core VPS. So I was just curious if we end up purchasing 1 through NFO, if these 2 can integrate as opposed to being separate.

If a non-profit license allows 512 slots, that would be what I need, do you by chance know how much that license runs? I can't imagine a non-profit license being free that is...
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

hybrid82 wrote:I have the free unlicensed version which allows a single 32 slot server, but need to expand and have more slots which is why I was wondering about this in the first place.

Currently this unlicensed version is on my 2-core VPS. So I was just curious if we end up purchasing 1 through NFO, if these 2 can integrate as opposed to being separate.

If a non-profit license allows 512 slots, that would be what I need, do you by chance know how much that license runs? I can't imagine a non-profit license being free that is...
A non-profit is free, but they're closed (http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php) - make sure you read all NPL guidelines as if someone reports your server for breaking the guidelines, they'll blacklist it as I've been told. You can buy slots here: http://sales.teamspeakusa.com/pricing.php?page=aal
Last edited by rymax99 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

hybrid82 wrote:I have the free unlicensed version which allows a single 32 slot server, but need to expand and have more slots which is why I was wondering about this in the first place.

NPLs are indeed free, but are approved on a case-by-case basis by the company that develops teamspeak, and applications for them aren't always open.

Currently applications for the TS3 NPL are closed :( http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php
You can keep an eye out for when they are available again.

Carefully read the rules of approval, you can't have any website ads, or I hear even a donations section for your community. I was lucky enough to have an old blog style website I still owned the domain for, and I got the older license which allows 10 servers and 512 total slots.
Not a NFO employee
hybrid82
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by hybrid82 »

Thank you. I just read that they are currently closed. I'll keep my eye out for when they re-open again.

Quick question though, when we register to obtain a NPL, do they ask for a website URL?

I plan on using this on my 2-core VPS which doesn't have any website on it at all, just my game servers.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

hybrid82 wrote:Thank you. I just read that they are currently closed. I'll keep my eye out for when they re-open again.

Quick question though, when we register to obtain a NPL, do they ask for a website URL?

I plan on using this on my 2-core VPS which doesn't have any website on it at all, just my game servers.
I believe they do ask for a website URL, they did when I applied.
Not a NFO employee
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

soja wrote:
hybrid82 wrote:Thank you. I just read that they are currently closed. I'll keep my eye out for when they re-open again.

I believe they do ask for a website URL, they did when I applied.
Yep, they ask for a website URL and a email on the same domain as the website to confirm it.