Adding Workshop Maps to a Chivalry: MW Server

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
gordythepirate
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Adding Workshop Maps to a Chivalry: MW Server

Post by gordythepirate »

Identifier - CHV1PIXPPL

Game - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Explanation of problem -

I've looked through a lot of Chivalry documentation and a couple of NFO boards, but I haven't found an exact solution to my problem. I'm trying to add maps to my server via the Steam Workshop. Following this article, it's clear that I have to add -sdkfileid=xxxxxx to the end of the command line (replacing the x's with the workshop's ID), but when I try to submit the newly created line, I get this error from the control panel:

"The starting line you provided starts with a dash or contains a space or other invalid (reserved by Windows) character and could not be used."

The control panel says the command line it provides can be used in lieu of some "LocalMap entry of your ini file", so naturally I tried looking for the entry but to no avail. Is there any way I can change this entry manually through my files? Or am I going about this the wrong way? Any help would be much appreciated.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Adding Workshop Maps to a Chivalry: MW Server

Post by TacTicToe »

Other hosting with control panel-only access
If you don't have direct access to the server, speak to your server operator about hosting custom content.
Looks like NFO may have to edit the command line for you?