Red Orchestra 2 Server Batch File Wont Start

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
PsychoShade
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Red Orchestra 2 Server Batch File Wont Start

Post by PsychoShade »

Hello, I have recently installed the RO2 Dedicated Server files via Steam CMD, and when I try to run the batch file provided, it boots up, then just closes out. I was informed through the ticket system that the RO2 folks here can help me out with a solution. Please help!!! I would love to get my server up and running as soon as possible.
Markie
A regular
A regular

Re: Red Orchestra 2 Server Batch File Wont Start

Post by Markie »

Would you mind posting a copy of your batch & log (server.log) file if available?
PsychoShade
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PsychoShade »

actually it does not give me a log error. merely, just boots up, closes.
Markie
A regular
A regular

Post by Markie »

Sounds like the server directory/file isn't being found by the batch file itself. Using a text editor of your choice, open up the batch file and post the contents here so we may take a closer look.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

PsychoShade wrote:Hello, I have recently installed the RO2 Dedicated Server files via Steam CMD, and when I try to run the batch file provided, it boots up, then just closes out. I was informed through the ticket system that the RO2 folks here can help me out with a solution. Please help!!! I would love to get my server up and running as soon as possible.
Did you install the correct version of the Visual C++ libraries that RO2 requires? You can find it under \Binaries\windows\RO2Redist.exe, or you can directly donwload it from Microsoft under C++ runtime library. I think version 2008 is required, 32 bit, but better check it.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003
PsychoShade
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PsychoShade »

When I try to update that file it says I need the Role Management Tool. I do not understand what this means. As far as my batch file, the batch file is as follows:
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-Apartments?minplayers=0 -seekfreeloadingserver
PsychoShade
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PsychoShade »

Got the Role Management to work, will update this thread if I have a solution!
PsychoShade
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PsychoShade »

Got it to work through the role management tool on the server box, then installed the file you specified and now the server remains open. :D Thanks a million! Do you guys by chance know the web admin port?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The Web Admin port should be 8080 by default, but the Web Admin needs to be set up first.

Please take a look at the following Tripwire tutorial (it is for Killing Floor 2, but the game engine is the same/similar) under "Setting up Web Admin". It describes the required steps. The .ini file here that you have to modify is ROWeb.ini, not KFWeb.ini of course.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/ind ... Floor_2%29
PsychoShade
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PsychoShade »

Thank you! Do you know anything about setting the server to Multiplayer Campaign? I edited the appropriate settings, so I thought, but the server stays on Territories, but never loads the campaign map at the end. Thanks a billion! I will get to work on the web admin, asap!
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

PsychoShade wrote:Thank you! Do you know anything about setting the server to Multiplayer Campaign? I edited the appropriate settings, so I thought, but the server stays on Territories, but never loads the campaign map at the end. Thanks a billion! I will get to work on the web admin, asap!
You should be able to set up the campaing through the Web Admin interface, or you can do it through the config files. Here is a link explaining this:
http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/ind ... r_Campaign