Battlefield 1 Servers

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Battlefield 1 Servers

Post by stryfe »

And it's sad that they are trending that way. You guys are a great company and I'd rather spend my money with you all and have a great server and support than feed EA more of my hard earned money. And I'm sure this isn't good for business because you guys got a surge of pre-orders and such with the previous battlefield titles I'm assuming. But it really is looking like battlefield 4 was the last real battlefield we will get.
MaydaX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MaydaX »

I would bet the servers will be exclusively hosted by Global Game Servers (Who is owned by MISi3d).
Global Game Servers is the collaboration of two of the largest and most experienced server providers for game publishers: MyInternetServices.com and Interactive 3D.
FairFight, GlobalGameServers is a trademark of MISi3d, LLC
Might explain why EA is using Fairfight exclusively in their games now too.

It's a shame the game industry is moving in this direction. I've always like custom servers personally.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As far as we could tell, EA/DICE hosted the beta servers itself on Rackspace infrastructure instead of using a contractor.

i3D does owe its success to a longstanding relationship with EA that goes back to the BF2 days. They do run many console servers for EA and own the statistical anticheat system "FairFight". I do not know much beyond that. I would not assume that they would be the exclusive host for BF1.

Everyone seems to be in the dark about how BF1 will run; EA/DICE has been stalling on it for months. The beta, and the fact that we haven't heard anything by now, strongly suggest that the system is being changed up.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

I hate to hear that man. I'm sure that takes alot of money out of your guys pockets.
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

I know your forums are not a place for bashing other companies.......but I just want to say (after having many different game servers through the years with NFO), a server owner would never realize how great life was at NFO.......until they tried the RSP for BF1. :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

**cough**cough** what a joke it is!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Scratch1, do you mean EA itself, or a contractor that they might be using?

It appears that EA has added many more restrictions to BF1 servers in terms of how they can be configured and used, versus BF4. BF4 was, in turn, much more restricted than BF3. I'm not sure why they keep restricting it more.
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

I dont know who actually runs it, but I just assumed it was through them since their Dev's post via Twitter feeds what they are working on......... its advertised as a BETA RSP (we order a a server via the GUI).

We can rent...we definitely can. What you cant do is kick/ban/move or even assign other admins, but they say its a WIP........nearly 4 weeks in and we got a turd of an RSP!