Why can't I compile plugins with spcomp.exe?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Crystalline
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Why can't I compile plugins with spcomp.exe?

Post by Crystalline »

I did it once with a plugin some time ago, but now I'm trying to do it again (to make plugins work with the version of sourcemod we have, which is outdated) and I can't do it. When I grab the sp file of the plugin and drag it into spcomp.exe, a black command line window shows up with the following error:

It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Why can't I compile plugins with spcomp.exe?

Post by It'sRandinator »

What version of sourcemod are you using? It looks like you're missing something, maybe a .inc file or ext. Check the plugins thread and see if it requires something else for compiling.
Crystalline
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Crystalline »

I posted a thread over at alliedmodders and someone said I was getting this error because spcomp.exe couldn't find the "Include" folder.

I think that happened because I wasn't compiling it in the right place. What's the right place, you ask? Inside the scripting folder as it's supposed to. The foolproof way to do things would be to just drag the plugin's sp file onto spcomp, but it won't let me to that.

I'm on my FTP. I try dragging the plugin's sp file and that little round black icon (not allowed) shows up, so there's no way I can do it there.

I tried creating a folder in my desktop, put spcomp in it, put the sp file in it, and put the "include" folder in it as well. Still getting the error.

I could compile through CMD, but I don't know what to put in. The wiki says it's cd <sourcemod>\scripting
spcomp myplugin.sp
but it doesn't work.

What exactly do I put in the command line?
Crystalline
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Crystalline »

Disregard this thread. Someone over at alliedmodders is already helping out.

Thanks for replying, though :)

Cheers.