Batallion 1944

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Batallion 1944

Post by Edge100x »

They've been around 300 MB each time for us, server-side (after compression).
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

I'm still having a rather odd issue with my install. It seems that some people can find my server and connect while others can't. I'm one of those that can't. My control panel says that it is up and running but my steam servers say it's not responding and I can't seem to find it in the in game browser. I sent in a ticket and they suggested doing a fresh install so I did, didn't think there would be a huge issue seeing as how I only changed the name of the server and WinOnTeamEmpty from True to False to fix a win loopback when server is empty. So I did a fresh install with no changes and still am having the issues. Anyone got any idea what would cause this? I know it's an EA game and that with them come bugs. I'm just trying to figure out if it's a bug or an error on my part somewhere.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

The devs have already stated there is a bug they are working on that can cause your server to disappear from the browser during a map change. Try connecting to the server directly. What is your IP?
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

192.223.24.187:7777
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Well your server is reporting to Steam so it should appear in the browser.

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/ ... ormat=json

The server browser is very buggy, they are supposed to be working on it. I have to scroll thru the huge list forever to find our servers as well. Sometimes they appear other times they do not. I know they are online and working though.

Next update is supposed to have the ability to sort the browser list so it will make it easier to find your server. Hopefully they address the issue that causes it to stop appearing in the list as well.

Also I can not seem to connect directly. The connect command does nothing and the server.connect causes my game to crash. :roll: Would be nice if they got the Steam connect to work. You can also try adding your IP:PORT to your local Steam favorites list. You can at least see the server though the server name does not appear properly. Add it as 192.223.24.187:7780
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

I was figuring it was an issue on the game side but just wanted to check. I'm hoping they get these issues fixed soon. I know it's an EA game and this stuff is to be expected. It just kind of a bad bug to have when you have communities trying to run their own servers in support of the game. Hopefully with the new updates coming soon we'll see all of these issues corrected. Still doesn't make me any less excited to dive into this game though.
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

Also noticed the servers now go to 24 slots on the order page. Upgraded my 10 slot to 24 but it's still showing at 10 slot max. Is that something I have to change in my config file for the server or just an error somewhere else?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

In the ini files make sure that this is set to 12

MaxPlayersPerTeam=12

Save and restart server.
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

You sir are awesome. I'm slowly getting the hang of how these files all work lol.