Hellion News?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Hellion News?

Post by Freyar »

Any news on Hellion? Is that one we can expect to see?
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Hellion News?

Post by Freyar »

Hellion is out and online. I know I'm being just a liiiitle impatient.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Seems to hit all the marks for NFO hosting. Only real concern for NFO would probably be demand for the game. Game was just released and peaked at just over 1900 players which is a relatively small player base to begin with. Within 30 days I would bank daily peaks will be under 500 players.

Server stats seem off a bit, but in a good way. Server was only like 120 meg download, and that includes the dependency files I did not even need. Is using about 2% CPU and about 76 megs of RAM. Not sure what it will be like once server starts to fill up, but that is pretty sweet for an EA launch!

http://steamcharts.com/app/588210
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Actually on further review, IP binding does not seem to work yet, however PORT binding does. That would probably need to be addressed before NFO would host.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I am not familiar with this game personally. I will add it to the list to check out. Sometimes we can work around a game not having IP binding support.

If the resources are that low, it sounds promising. But if the player counts are that low, it may not have much staying power. Still, it could also build -- maybe it just needs more press.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Freyar »

Edge100x wrote:I am not familiar with this game personally. I will add it to the list to check out. Sometimes we can work around a game not having IP binding support.

If the resources are that low, it sounds promising. But if the player counts are that low, it may not have much staying power. Still, it could also build -- maybe it just needs more press.
Being that it's INSAAAANELY early alpha... I can kinda see it being hard to provide here. (Especially as I saw how raw it is in the first place.) Still interested in hosting one through NFO, especially since trying to connect to my local one I'm hosting on my current local box doesn't allow me to connect to it. (Server passes public IP to master server, master server returns public IP to local box...)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Personally I think at this time you would be better off just using an unmanaged VDS if you really want to host. I know it always seems when I suggest this, people blow it out of proportion like it is the end of the world or something. I had a server downloaded, configured and online in less than 5 mins. So it was a VERY easy and straight forward install.

I am having difficulty polling the query info, so it is apparently still quite young in the development stage. But damn the minuscule amount of resources it is using, is incredible all things considered.

You can jump on our server running on our Chicago box if you want to test NFO performance etc. A VDS with this game should easily be on par with your experience there.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Freyar »

I've considered a VDS for things like Ark, Conan and Hellion but cost-effectiveness hasn't been favorable. Even then I do need some external host for a server if I really do want one.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Honestly, if youre wanting to add Ark and Conan you would do MUCH better to get a full dedi box. You have full use of the resources and no overhead from Xen. SSD drive would be helpful as well.

If you want to test out a Hellion server on NFO hardware then check out our server for a bit. Or just wait for it to become available from NFO. :)