Teamspeak 3 Server Question

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Tomis355
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Teamspeak 3 Server Question

Post by Tomis355 »

Hello. I've purchased a teamspeak server. I have been enjoying it so far.
However, I have a quick question -
Is it possible, in any way, to have my server address (The one that users use to connect to my server) changed? Thank you.

P.S
If there already is a thread that is already answered, sorry, I couldn't find any.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Teamspeak 3 Server Question

Post by Spray »

If you'd like the subdomain we assign to the server changed (NAME.ts.nfoservers.com), we could change the "NAME" part to something else by renaming the identifier for the package. If you open a support request via the Help! tab of the control panel, our staff will be happy to assist with this.

If you'd like to use a fully custom domain, something like "ts.yourdomain.com", you could do this by setting up a SRV record to point towards the IP and port for your TeamSpeak server. You would setup this SRV record within the control panel for wherever your domain is hosted. We talk about how to create this SRV record within the context of our own webhosting, linked here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9280