Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Post by Scratch1 »

Any idea if there will be rent-able servers for this game?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Post by Edge100x »

It seems very likely, since they have released the files, and TWI typically allows people to run servers -- even ranked ones.
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

Good news indeed......I will be glad to get back to an RSP that knows what their doing.......EA/DICE has left an everlasting affect for the worse on me :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We added initial support for RS2 (in its current beta form) to our order form earlier today. Give it a spin, if you'd like!
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

I will.......

and I am :D

My first experience with a game from this series.....you gotta love the webadmin
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It is definitely much nicer than editing configuration files, and saves us poor GSPs from having to code a lot of things into our control panels :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I should also note here that RS2: Vietnam still doesn't have an announced release date, so any servers put up now will likely only be usable for the rest of the beta. If anyone puts up a server on our paid (standalone) system and finds it unusable after the beta ends, please contact us so that we can work on a prorated credit to your NFO coffer.
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

Edge100x wrote:I should also note here that RS2: Vietnam still doesn't have an announced release date, so any servers put up now will likely only be usable for the rest of the beta. If anyone puts up a server on our paid (standalone) system and finds it unusable after the beta ends, please contact us so that we can work on a prorated credit to your NFO coffer.
Will do this once BETA goes down tomorrow.

Hadnt had a server since BF4 or Hardline...been awhile either way. Although I am only testing a 16 slot, it has ran fine and I been getting good traffic. When this game drops, it will be great to take care of my game-server needs at NFO once again. (damn sure not giving anymore to the EA/DICE garbage of an RSP)
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

Well I ran a server during the BETA 7 wave and the OPEN BETA this past weekend, and the server ran great!

Looking forward to release on the 30th!
BriDawg
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BriDawg »

Any update on this? I seen beta servers were available, but no news now that the game was released yesterday....

Hosting?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The servers should continue to work perfectly. TWI shifted right into the normal release using the same files.
BriDawg
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BriDawg »

Awesome, and we have a dedicated managed gaming box. Can I have this added to it by just opening up a tixket?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

You can add the game to a managed Windows machine using the same process as you would for any other game, through the order page, here: https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php, making sure to select the option to "Assign this to a managed machine/VDS"