reliable channel overflowed

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
wepainters
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

reliable channel overflowed

Post by wepainters »

hello wepainters here

play is finaly picking up a little on my new server but i am losing would be hooked player to this message" reliable channel overflowed"

we also have some sort of steam bug we are running amxx

whenever a player dies we get somthing like example [bug] steam 0_1 1234 4331steam 0_1 1234 4331 i could live with the steam bug thing this is a warcraft3 server and i have seen it before

but the reliable channel overflowed has to go

any advise on where to look for problem

thanks wepainters
hello my name is wepainters and i approve this message
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like they would have similar causes -- specifically, bugs in the plugins that you're running. You might try different versions of wc3 on different versions of AMX/AMXx, to see if that helps.
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

Some servers that run both adminmod and amxmod have been known to do the same. If I remember correctly, part of it has to do with each mod printing the MOTD of the server to the console causing the game to overflow the client and cause an error. If that error occurs mainly while connecting to the server, I would check to make sure that there aren't plugins or additional mods that print text to the players' consoles.

If it happens in game, it could also mean that Developer 1 is enabled and debug messages could be sent to the console and cause an overflow too.
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...