Quake live standalone servers?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
island55
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Quake live standalone servers?

Post by island55 »

any way to get Quake live as an option for standalone game server?
island55
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Quake live standalone servers?

Post by island55 »

gymp
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When I looked at it in the past, it didn't appear to be an easy drop-in because it used such different configuration options than other games, a different rcon protocol, etc. They also didn't release the server until long after the game was launched, so it was not very popular at the time.

I can potentially look at it again.
island55
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by island55 »

if you dont mind? the guy that runs our community is in bad health and he has 3 vps in different locations hosting these servers on linux and its hard to find someone to trust to take over and essentially hand over a community with all this power and data all the sudden.. if this was offered we could get these quake servers shared hopefully on a linux OS without the worry of having someone to maintain the backend to keep them up
island55
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by island55 »

there are apparently a lot of dependencies that are required to run minqlx which is a plugin system for quakelive.. the server guy said he would help explain or show you if desired but the plugin system can be found here; https://github.com/MinoMino/minqlx
pantato
New to forums
New to forums

Post by pantato »

Just want to second any sentiments to get Quake Live added to the list of managed gameservers. I've setup miniqlx before and I do not recall it being that painful, nor the rcon protocol. Please reconsider adding this game to your list, as I've already told all my Quake Live friends you all are the best of the best when it comes to dedicated servers :oops:

P.S. None of the serious pros play proper Quake 3 anymore, but they do occasionally hop on Quake Live, if that has any bearing or significance on any decision made :P