Post your bonehead mistakes!

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Denver Mike
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post your bonehead mistakes!

Post by Denver Mike »

I have been admining on a server for about 8 months now and it's time to faction off and get my own server. I can do all the admin things in game but it's the behind the scenes things that I'm concerned about.

Helper and server renters, post some common errors that you made in your beginning. I plan on getting a 24 person public CZ server and I will use AMX. I have the ability to fill the server upon startup but I want to make sure that I don't install some plugins that lag everyone.

Low ping is my biggest priority.

So if you could help me out Helpers and tell me some of the common questiosn you answer (if it's in the FAQs, don't, I have read all of them and they are great.)

Renters, if there was something that you did that caused a major mess, let me avoid that..thanks for you help.

Quick specific questions that can hopefully be answered:

HLSW works fine with the NFO CZ server? Do you support AMXX?

Before I buy my server I know I should ping them all, what the best way to do this. I would probably just ping in the cmd prompt, but where is the link for all the address of NFO locations.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

We will help ya with amxx, we will be supporting the final amxx .20 version as it should be released soon.

HLSW uses rcon, so it works fine with CZ servers.

The best way to ping them is to join them ingane. Now if low ping is your biggest priority, you will want to get the accelerator for sure.

Do not run csstats from amxx and statsme at the same time, I would run just csstats for cz.

try to keep the plugin load limited, as the more used, the more resources used and more errors that could occur.

You can get test ips from here: http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/rent. ... nt=servers for all the locations
-Nick
Denver Mike
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Denver Mike »

Sorry, don't know how to quote in this forum.

You said:

The best way to ping them is to join them ingane. Now if low ping is your biggest priority, you will want to get the accelerator for sure.

I can't seem to find a Dallas CZ server that is accelerated.

Do not run csstats from amxx and statsme at the same time, I would run just csstats for cz. I do like in game stats so when you die you you can see who killed you, who you damaged or killed, etc.

External stats that can be viewed on a webpage would be nice but I won't do it if it would create any type of speed degredation. I wouldn't use HLguard or any hacking plugin, my admins are quick to police the server for that.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

psychostats is the external stats, you need to have csstats have the damage reporting for you.

at the moment we dont have any public CZ dallas servers, they are all privates.

They should be similar pings to cs 1.6 if you have that version, or if you decide to ping in dos, its generally approx 8 ms higher than in dos, however ping accelerator changes that.

as for quoting in this forum, you can hit the quote button in the upper right of the box of the person's response you want to quote.
-Nick
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

nick do u really live in the gardland building 8)
Jacka|
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Jacka| »

He's CEO and creator. ;)
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

ceo and creator?
-izZy
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

eh?
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

meh john and tomas are the founders of nfo and are millionairs :D i wana be just like u guys :D :D :D
-izZy
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not anywhere close to being a millionaire.

This isn't the right business to be in to become rich.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

what the heck? 8O

<--- not ceo lol
-Nick
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

john is this your only job and lol nick u aint CEO what the hell is he smokin lol but yea its a fun job to run servers
-izZy
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

izZy wrote:john is this your only job and lol nick u aint CEO what the hell is he smokin lol but yea its a fun job to run servers
I think it was a joke, not sure though :o
-Nick
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

i hope it was
-izZy
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

but nick ur really cool to work with u sould be the vice-president of nfo :D the best thing is ur always here to help *crys*
-izZy