server constanly crashing

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
-|cR|-lonewolf
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

server constanly crashing

Post by -|cR|-lonewolf »

our server, 209.247.224.38:27015 24-7 Dust/Dust2/Aztec/Inferno Server,
crashes 2-3 times a day,there is no console message,or anything in the logs,it just restarts for no reason,doesn't matter which map is playing,this is getting quite irritating and we are loosing players because of it
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

Are you running any custom plugins or have made any changes to the server recently? Are you running more than 2 mods together such as Adminmod and AMX? There are a few reasons why your server may be crashing, and the best way to single out those reasons is to provide what your server has on it se we can start the process of elimination.
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...
-|cR|-lonewolf
New to forums
New to forums

Post by -|cR|-lonewolf »

the server is only running 3 custom plugins,a swear filter,an execclient plugin and psycholisten plugin,it has amx v0.9.7,the server's been setup this way since we first rented it,we just recently started having problem.

i forgot to add that we are running hlguard on the server as well,it was installed by you guys when we rented the server.

also,nothing is showing up in the events tab of our control panel
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you tried disabling your plugins to ensure they aren't the cause? Plugins and maps are generally what cause server crashes. Plugin bugs do not always manifest themselves immediately. HLGuard is buggy, for instance, and can cause crashing.

Nothing would show up on your event log unless the server completely froze and needed to be restarted through our secondary automated systems. Regular instant crashes are caught immediately and do not show there.
-|cR|-lonewolf
New to forums
New to forums

Post by -|cR|-lonewolf »

ok,i tried disabling hlguard,it still crashed,i'll try disabling the custom plugins that we use,which btw,are the same 3 plugins we have used with other server host,with no problems
-|cR|-lonewolf
New to forums
New to forums

Post by -|cR|-lonewolf »

update,after going through the server logs,i saw thet the new metamod was getting some errors with the csstats.dll and a couple other dll's that were on the server,i deleted the old amxmod and updated the server to amx v 0.9.9 and everything is running fine now,thanx for the help
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

awesome, glad to see it is all fixed :)
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...