maps

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

maps

Post by shaddy »

nick, i know ive already made a thread, but i still cant figure out how to upload maps. i got the program to 'unzip' the rar files, but it only came with one file, a bsp file i believe. when i looked at the map you helped me put in there a few weeks ago, you had like 3 other files........
i renamed the files, lst, zmp, but everytime i try and change it to that map, it crashes the server.....what am i doing wrong?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Some maps have only a .bsp file, and if thats the case you just put it with the rest of your maps. If you know there are suposed to be other files with the one you downloaded and they aren't there then check to see if the file you downloaded is the right size (maybe check other download sites and see what the size is there) and if it is then maybe there is a problem with your unzip program (I've had that happen to me before). My guess is the map you got is just suposed to be a single .bsp file. If you can tell me what map it is I could look it up for ya.
TimeX
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

just upload the map as its original bsp format only, the lst files are for something else under downloadlists, and ztmp files are the server cache files for that map so it loads faster
-Nick
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by shaddy »

will it automactically let people download it from my server?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

if someone joins your server and doesnt already have the map, they will automatically download it from the server.