save exp by player name

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
wepainters
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

save exp by player name

Post by wepainters »

hello i just reset the exp on our server and wish to
change the way we save a players exp.

the cs server is running ultimate warcraft3

i have set these in the frozen throne config file

the server is still saving by steam id and i wish it to save by a players name is this still possible?
am i missing something somwhere

mp_savexp 0 // Enables saving of experience (uses a vault, default is 0)

sv_mysql 0 // this will save w/MySQL (note: to use this mp_savexp must also be 1, default is 0)

sv_mysql 0 // this will save w/MySQL (note: to use this mp_savexp must also be 1, default is 0)

FT_saveby 2 // What should I save this as? steam id = 0, IP = 1, name = 2 (works for vault and mysql, default is 0)
hello my name is wepainters and i approve this message
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

If you are doing long term saved XP, then you need to change the value of mp_savexp from 0 to 1 or the XP will not save. If you are doing short term XP, then you do not have to change everything and XP will reset on the map change.

I would suggest keeping your XP saved by Steam ID. If you save it by player name, it could cause your Vault to get cluttered and slow down response time on map changes because it will have a lot more to load into the memory for the server. Saving by name will also cause a player to have to completely start over on XP if they change their name in the game, and they will have to remember what names have what amount of XP too. The multiple names and access in the Vault file will eventually cause problems, and if you plan to save with SQL then it could lead to a cluttered database too.
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...