Verio server ping

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
CryBaby
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Verio server ping

Post by CryBaby »

Hey, Sometime liek thursday evening PST.
My rented server ping for west coast player jumped dramticaly.
Not all of us are on the same ISP.
I personally went from a 60 - 80 ping to a constant 150 - 200 and am right now at 350 latency.

Anthing going on with your lines for the west coast? Our East coast players are fine.

Please Advise
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is a temporary problem with the Verio-AT&T connection in LA, and it should be fixed very soon.
FBI
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FBI »

that is y i move to Level3 and omg i love it man if you can get Level3 than get it you will love it no 300 ping
MSN Instant Msg: michaelmb129@attbi.com
http://www.clan-tpg.tk
66.150.160.178:27015
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Level3 is indeed great stuff. However, I'd also like to note that our problems with Verio have been conclusively resolved by the addition of a second OC48 peering link with AT&T in LA.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Ya I had a bad route to level3 myself, over atdn.net (aol backbone) since I have timewarner. I switched my server to verio accelerated. I am getting 10-20 pings. I am GREEAATTT.

Its all about your route. Some people's route to verio is bad resulting into high pings, whereas level3 has their own route, and you ping great or good. This goes vice versa as well.

Nick