My pings are higher in NFo servers than in my other servers

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
pyro
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

My pings are higher in NFo servers than in my other servers

Post by pyro »

Hey, in the NFo server I just purchased, its $31/mo 10 man private server non accelerated, My pings are around 15-30, which is kinda low compared to a different server I used to have which was a 14 man public server for $22/mo. I'm not sure why. The only reason I left that server and came here is because of the horrible support they had and the wonderful support you guys have. So please tell me what's wrong, I took off HLGuard (using easy setup) and metamod. Is there anymore to do besides getting a ping accelerator? I can't get the ping accelerator because it's too expensive.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Since this problem is specific to your server it would be easier and faster to help you out if you came to our IRC support channel. Information on that is at the top of this support forum.
TimeX
LLLL
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LLLL »

post a tracert.
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

15-30? The average latency that a person experiences with broadband is 40-60 so I don't see any performance issues that would relate to ping. Your ping is more than acceptable as far as internet traffice is concerned. I have seen higher ping on LAN with a gigabit network, so you aren't doing too bad...
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...