ISP or FTP and PLUGINS

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Infection-shea
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ISP or FTP and PLUGINS

Post by Infection-shea »

Well i have been having problems lately with the FTP it seems to slow down alot and always haved to search for the folder or it will just freeze up i dont know if its me or the FTP.? any ideas? Also The Control Panel Lags.

Also I was wondering if restarting your server matters like should i do it once a month to refresh it or anything like that or is it bad?. I added HLping booster can that affect the server in any way bad? i just want to make sure im doing everything right.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: ISP or FTP and PLUGINS

Post by Nick|NFo »

Infection-shea wrote:I added HLping booster can that affect the server in any way bad? i just want to make sure im doing everything right.
In our LAG FAQ, we have specifically stated that no HL booster can be used. It uses up system resources, and appropiates the resources to what it can.

http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/rent. ... nt=faq-lag
Q: A ping booster would make things better, right? That's like free performance! Can I add one on?
A: No. A "ping booster" such as Hullu's "WinHL-Booster" will change timers on the system and raise the server FPS, which can reduce your perceived ping, but at the same time it also causes much higher CPU usage. The higher CPU usage leads to lag spikes, long map changes, and other odd server behavior. It also affects all the servers on the machine. For these reasons, we cannot let you run one.

We do offer an option similar to a "ping booster" that we call a Ping Accelerator. If you order a server with this option, we will put you on a special machine that is designed with that use in mind and which we watch very carefully. The Ping Accelerator can reduce everyone's pings in the server by about 10 over a non-accelerated server.
Please remove your HL booster. If you wish to boost pings, try our ping accelerator for Verio bandwidth.