ugh...

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by FlyingMongoose »

It's not VAC Perse
It's Valve's blatant disregard for third party *PLUGINS* they ignore and even try to stop that functionality which creates a much more useful environment for the game. Some of the best plugin writers out there are ignored, the guy who created the original AdminMod does actually work for Valve now and he incorporated a plugin system built into the Source engine, but it's too limited for scriptable stuff like AMX Mod X/AMX Mod/AdminMod. Valve constrains unique development within their existing games but supports the development of full outside projects (complete mods.) Valve is the Microsoft of Gaming. They find an idea they like from a mod, and if it hits popularity and playability, they buy it, make it how they want and then turn around and sell it. Same method Microsoft uses when "developing" new software.
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by eLectrix »

This is the thread that never dies :D

-e
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I wish it would honestly, did you ever get your question answered?