ugh...

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ugh...

Post by eLectrix »

So I'm starting to see big problems with hacking on my server. However, the bf series doesn't allow for much in the way of aftermarket detection. However, in doing some research, I see that an md5tool has been put together for use by evenbalance. (punkbuster) There are recommended configs along with a list of files to be checked.

What are the odds of getting this installed on my server? A link: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=md5tool.php

Thanks,

-e
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I don't think it would be too much of a problem. Please email us about this.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

wouldn't this cause problems w/ potential custom models, textures, etc.? I like the idea behind this though, and I'm still scratching my head as to why valve turned down punkbusters offer to integrate since VAC2 honestly sucks...
$ilent $niper
New to forums
New to forums

Post by $ilent $niper »

FlyingMongoose wrote:wouldn't this cause problems w/ potential custom models, textures, etc.? I like the idea behind this though, and I'm still scratching my head as to why valve turned down punkbusters offer to integrate since VAC2 honestly sucks...
VAC2 is working just fine. The thing is that counterstrike costs around $5. VAC2 uses delayed bans which flag and then ban you 3-4 weeks later. If people get banned they can just go and buy a new copy for $5. Think of it as a monthly fee to hack. I personally think they should discontinue the old HL1 cds and add it to the HL2 cd which costs $50.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

This thread is about battlefield 2 hacking ;) and I administrate a CS: Source server :)
Cobra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cobra »

$ilent $niper wrote:
FlyingMongoose wrote:wouldn't this cause problems w/ potential custom models, textures, etc.? I like the idea behind this though, and I'm still scratching my head as to why valve turned down punkbusters offer to integrate since VAC2 honestly sucks...
VAC2 is working just fine. The thing is that counterstrike costs around $5. VAC2 uses delayed bans which flag and then ban you 3-4 weeks later. If people get banned they can just go and buy a new copy for $5. Think of it as a monthly fee to hack. I personally think they should discontinue the old HL1 cds and add it to the HL2 cd which costs $50.
i agree 100% they should, just ban perm. and keep a log of names used, chances are, the hacker uses the same name, i know at one time during my hacking phase i did, they never change their name, because they want their states to remain high and they need to keep the same name, give ppl admin that you trust, and tell them to ban whomever has the unique name.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Why has no one noticed ther person who started this thread's signature or my last post, this thread is about BF2 anti-cheats, and no, VAC doesn't work well, those of you who think it's fine to use xfire w/ VAC enabled games you're wrong, just last month my friend was banned by VAC for using it.

Valve hates third party plugins and software apart from mods. They have never and will never support them. Xfire uses a hooking method, so do most hacks, VAC detects hooking, VAC bans for it. YES VAC DOES CATCH CHEATS however, there are hacks out there that have been around for a VERY LONG TIME and VAC STILL doesn't detect them (normally these are private hacks that not even the VAC "insiders" (those who work their way into the hacking community's) know about.)

I have a friend who actually use to write vectors (these are coordinate setups for auto-aim hacks) for a lot of clans, his were actually considered the best at one time. This is the same friend who got banned because of XFIRE he stopped hacking at the advent of Steam.

Anyway, like I said this isn't a Valve software thread, it's PunkBuster and BF2 (EA). Stop bringing up VAC.
Cobra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cobra »

what? banned for using XFIRE? i just got it, i don't want to be banned i have like all the games and it would cost me another $100 to get them back, wtf?
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Most hacks = Hooks
Xfire = Hook
VAC Detects Hooks...
It won't differentiate between xfire and hacks, if it's a hook it's a hack to VAC...

look at steam forums, it happens often, and valve won't do crap about it.
eyethumper
A regular
A regular

Post by eyethumper »

VAC bans hookers?

8O
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

yes
Cobra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cobra »

wow.... if i get banned could i contact valve and tell them to unabn me because i was using xfire? and will they? if not then i guess i'll just have to not use it when i play.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I'm going to quote Valve's support system.

"VAC IS NEVER WRONG"

No they wouldn't unban you.

And yes that is in their support system.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Valve doesn't play nice w/ third party plugins. Now third party game mods, they thoroughly support and contribute to their development teams, but anything that modifies the way their games act it seems they try to stop no matter what...it's screwwy if you ask me, while CS: Source does provide the interface to create plugins without the use of another third party plugin (metamod) it still isn't enough for some functions that some plugins need, Metamod is also a hook, but vac doesn't detect server side hooking (definitely good), basically the development team of SourceMM, SourceMod, and MetaEng (API used for SourceMod) is all 1 guy...BAILOPAN, and a couple of others here and there, but mostly just him, and we all <3 him for it. But Valve keeps changing stuff to make it near impossible to keep the hooked plugins running right. A scriptable interface, like that in AMX/AMX Mod X, and AdminMod are all fairly far off if you ask me. Especially if Valve keeps dilly dallying on releasing SDK's for certain mods (DoD: S to be specific). Though most third party mod developers welcome the support of Metamod and plugins like it Valve does not themselves. Basically you can use Xfire, but I don't suggest it w/ valve games.

If banned by VAC
HL1 Engine Games = 1 Year Ban
Source Engine Games = Permanent ban

I don't suggest risking it.
Cobra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cobra »

damn, i guess i won't have it on when im playing then...Stupid VAC.