ASP

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ASP

Post by crab »

I'm using the free webhosting for my clan site and I really want to put forums on the site. I just found out that NFo doesn't support .asp and was wondering if that is something you might change? Before I go build my forums elsewhere I thought I'd ask.

Chad
|MY|crab
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That will not change, no.

Many more forums use php than use asp. I recommend phpbb, personally, as a simple forums package with a professional feel that is easy to set up and configure. You might also consider ikonboard, which we use on our community site. Both are free, and there are many other forums packages available.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

Thanks John. I've downloaded Ikonboard and would like to use it. However I don't have a cgi-bin folder and I'm not finding any instructions on how to create one. I assume there is more to it than just creating a folder and naming it cgi-bin. Forgive me if I'm just an idiot cause I'm just learning all this stuff.

Chad
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

nm

Post by crab »

Nevermind, i downloaded the phpbb and had it installed and working within 15 minutes. It was so easy.
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

I love endings like this :lol:
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

To'mas wrote:I love endings like this :lol:
awwwwww :P