i am leaving nfo

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
alexisonfire
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

i am leaving nfo

Post by alexisonfire »

i am leaving nfo because paypal sucks and wont pay them i was just wondering if anybody has had a server from gameservers and if they are nearly as good of a company as nfo i wish i could stay with nfo but my moms gay and so is paypal and at gs.com they let you use credit card
-=Joshua=-
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I had gameservers.
32 slot public
12 slot private.

And let me tell you what, they have *The Worst servers ever* Their support is thru ticket.* GL With that.
Their machines are overload, lag spikes all day long.
Hell when i had 20/32 people in my server, the server starting crapping out on me, which is sad, Its hard to get your server populated in a Gameserver server*. People will leave as soon as they see the server is crapping out. They switched me thru about 3-4 machines with No luck..

If you are a serius gamer, id go with NFo.
Go post this on caleague.com forums, everyone will laugh at you.
Im sorry but thats the truth.

Thats my 2 cents on it.
alexisonfire
A regular
A regular

Post by alexisonfire »

theres no way for me to stay with nfo i cant use paypal and that is the only thing that nfo should change they should have another way to pay them
-=Joshua=-
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Well if you got a buddy that you can trust pay them with ur CC via paypal, then your buddy will make the payment for your server.
ix007
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ix007 »

Well ice I wouldnt exactly go and start talking trash on GameServers.
I I currently have a server with them and its 32 slot cz with war3 on it. Runs smoothly with the right adjustments. However you dont get the same quality as you do with NFO
BnD|Sleeper
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by BnD|Sleeper »

ix007 wrote:Well ice I wouldnt exactly go and start talking trash on GameServers.
I I currently have a server with them and its 32 slot cz with war3 on it. Runs smoothly with the right adjustments. However you dont get the same quality as you do with NFO
I would - I had a server with them for a matter of months all of which were DREADFUL. The servers ran slowly, locations ridiculous and last but not least, their support switched me to the wrong location, gave me no support, and let my server screw up without fixing it EVER. The actual machine was probably down because I couldn't do anything. They probably OVERLOAD their servers tremendously which results in a poor playing experience for everyone. They probably host 400 slots on one machine HOPING not all slots will fill because if they do... Well, their screwed. Also, their billing system is false - it's not $1.99/slot, it's $2.00/slot (that's what you get billed for). BTW, I host a 20 slot War3 with NFo and I can't complain (500 FPS - Internap LA) :-).

bnd.nuclearfallout.net

Sleeper
http://www.BnDClan.com

WC3:FT CS 1.6: wc3.bndclan.com:27015 or 64.94.101.52:27015)

http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/rent. ... ferrer=bnd
flEx17
New to forums
New to forums

Post by flEx17 »

My experience with gameservers wasn't that good either. I had a very laggy server. It took about two weeks to change. I ended up cancelling within the first month.
DontWannaName
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by DontWannaName »

Ya, I just cancelled my server with them. It was 10x lagy... so i had ping spikes on it today up to 300 and i went to my freinds NFO server and my ping was 90 it still should be 20 but its my driver so it is better. Gameservers refuses to use live chat. it was stupid but w/e the server wasnt that good level 3 is shity.
DontWannaName
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by DontWannaName »

i had gameservers.com i couldnt stand that the server was listed last all the time and no one came on and the stupid support tickets. anyone kno anything about counterstrike.com?
SilentAssassin
New to forums
New to forums

Re: i am leaving nfo

Post by SilentAssassin »

Well lets see out of all my game server hosts I've done here is my list of server sites and complaints or complements:

Starting with:
Gameservers.com
I Purchased a server from these guys for 2 months everything was going as planned for the first 15 days of owning the server... Well after 15 days the server started to lag so I stopped the server did some tweaking hoped that would solve the issue... Nope didn't solve, so I re-installed everything on the server hoping a fresh install would solve the issues *Nope* so two months down I left and went to the next company.

Counter-Strike.com
Resonably cheap, well accepted had server running longer then gameservers.com then 5 months later the price went up five bucks, I asked if the server was grandfathered into the old pricing if I kept the server... the person replied saying sure is... No problem, well then then following month I was charged the new price not the old price I questioned it and they then told me there not grandfathering the old prices cause of cost to maintain machines.... whatever it was only costing 39.45 at the time and then I got lots of friends giving me good reviews for NFO so I left counter-strike.com and went to nuclear fallout where I've been since leaving a month ago... BTW counter-stike.com has a fairly easy to operate control panel however they don't support PsychoStats on there game servers. HLStatsX Premium is what they use.
cheechbmc
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cheechbmc »

i am not sure if this is too late for you but, avoid gameservers.com aka clanservers.com there not that good
gene
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by gene »

NFO is the only way!!
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

We hope to add the direct use of credit cards by the end of May. Wish us luck on that!

Update: We now have full direct credit card support.