Servers restarted at midnight?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
jimrimya
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Servers restarted at midnight?

Post by jimrimya »

I thought I read somewhere on here that game servers are restarted at midnight, local time to the server. Not the machine, but just the game server process. Is this true? Our server freaked out right around 10pm pacific time (midnight in Dallas, which is where our server is hosted).

Can anyone shed some light on this? And if this is happening, can we change it or make it happen later? Thanks!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Servers restarted at midnight?

Post by Edge100x »

Only servers that are empty are restarted at midnight, so this would not have affected you. (Past midnight, our system continues checking the server and restarts it whenever it does become empty later [and queryable].)

I'm not seeing any oddities in the bandwidth or CPU usage graphs for last night, so it's difficult to say what you were seeing here, but my best guess would be that your ISP or another link in the chain between you and Dallas was performing maintenance. The early AM is a very common time for ISPs to perform maintenance.