Fedora core 6

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Fedora core 6

Post by rustydusty1717 »

John, maybe you can shed some more insight on this. I have my main servers on my NFO VPS, however I just wanna run a small on at my house on my old computer. Got Fedora core 6 installed on it, but can't get FPS to even sit at 250! I used to be able to get 250 steady with -pingboost 2 and +sys_ticrate 500, however I can only get it to go to 125 and drop to even 80 at times. Used to run perfectly fine at 250 though. Never changed anything with the kernal ever, so I'm at a loss. I've also tried adding sys_ticrate to both the command line, and the server.cfg, both of which don't work. Not a huge issue, just curious if you have any idea. I'm thinking of just ordering a centos 5.4 disc and get a 1000 fps like on my VPS. Wanna try and use fedora first though.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Fedora core 6

Post by Edge100x »

I don't have much experience with Fedora, or with your hardware, so it's very difficult to say what might be going on there. But I would expect that the kernel version might have something to do with it, and your hardware probably isn't as fast as the VDS.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

The hardware and network is no where near what my VPS is on. Just a P4 2.5, 2 GB PC3200, 500 GB HD, etc, running on a T1. I know it's not the hardware though, cause I've done it before. It's not software either, cause I've never touched the kernel before. What would suggest for sys_ticrate and where should it be put? I've always put it in the command line itself, but on my VPS it works with it in server.cfg only.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I really shouldn't be helping with servers that aren't run through us here :).
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Gotcha, sorry. Just thought I'd ask.