BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
disconnect
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Admin daemon feedback

Post by disconnect »

Looks good, but unfortunately I have to use IE to get it to work. Doesnt seem to like Chrome hehe.

Thanks so much for getting this together as quickly as you did!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't tested with Chrome yet, just IE and FF. I'll have to investigate what Chrome might be doing wrong there.
VaderX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VaderX »

Edge100x wrote:
VaderX wrote:Ok I must be a complete tool, But I dont see where or how this it utilized or set up.
I have teh check box to turn on but thats it. I dont see where or how I am to add admins or the server messages.

Can someone give me the "Blah-blah for Dummies" manual?
After you check the box to enable it, it will show you two sections, that you can use to add admins and messages. Hovering your mouse over most things there will provide context-sensitive help.

If you don't have javascript enabled, make sure to turn that on -- the Easy setup page won't work right without it.

Oh thats what it was.. DERF! I didn't reinstall java after my Format and restore a month back.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

disconnect, I just tested with a fresh install of the latest release version of Chrome and it does work for me in that as well. If you're having problems, try refreshing the page or clearing your temporary internet files -- you may be working with an old version of the javascript.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Edge100x wrote:disconnect, I just tested with a fresh install of the latest release version of Chrome and it does work for me in that as well. If you're having problems, try refreshing the page or clearing your temporary internet files -- you may be working with an old version of the javascript.
I don't care what everyone else says about you Edge, you're the man. That did it, back to Chrome I go! :lol:
bacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bacon »

Edge100x wrote:
VaderX wrote:Ok I must be a complete tool, But I dont see where or how this it utilized or set up.
I have teh check box to turn on but thats it. I dont see where or how I am to add admins or the server messages.

Can someone give me the "Blah-blah for Dummies" manual?
After you check the box to enable it, it will show you two sections, that you can use to add admins and messages. Hovering your mouse over most things there will provide context-sensitive help.

If you don't have javascript enabled, make sure to turn that on -- the Easy setup page won't work right without it.
I'm in the latest version of FF, have java enabled, I see the maplist box but after checking to turn this on. It doesn't show the other two boxes (that it should). *shrug* I'll restart firefox in a second and see if anything changes.
bacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bacon »

Can't Edit, but restarting made it show up.

Now I assume a level 10 admin is Considered higher than a level 1? (Could go either way so I figure I should ask.)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, that's correct -- higher numbers are higher levels in this system. Currently, the level only comes up for the "Block lower-level admins" feature.
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

When I kick someone, the message that pops up in the middle of the screen saying: kicked soandso, is that seen by everyone, just me, or all admins? I'd prefer just me or admins so I don't have to explain myself to the rest of the people. :roll:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

All responses to commands are sent to you only.

Since unauthorized players can't use commands at all and can't see responses to yours, they will only see the effects of the commands -- someone being kicked, or the level changing, or so on.
Dog_Pound
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dog_Pound »

Does this also have the separate ban commands? You show !ban for the command and I have seen the following commands used as well so I am unsure which is appropriate and don't want to ban someone just to find out...lolz:

!ban "Duration in seconds" NICKNAME

!rban NICKNAME (ban until end of round)

!pban NICKNAME (ban permanently)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure what tool those are from, but it doesn't currently have them, no (except manually through !rcon). Do those get enough use to be worth implementing?
Dog_Pound
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dog_Pound »

They are useful for assigning different levels of admin rights.

Am I correct in assuming you used the stock meaning for !ban which I guess would be to replace this:

admin.banPlayer <player name> <timeout> : Ban a player for the specified amount of time. Timeout can be "perm" for permanent, "round" for until the end of the round, or "seconds <seconds>" for some number of seconds.

In which case if we typed any of these in chat, they would take the desired action?
!ban NICKNAME round
!ban NICKNAME perm
!ban NICKNAME 120 (for 120 seconds)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now it just bans permanently, but I could adjust its behavior to match what you said.
QuikJ
New to forums
New to forums

Post by QuikJ »

Hey Edge, could you adjust it so the Chat triggers do not have to case sensitive?