BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by jasonelmore »

Any news on when we can run both game modes on the server without disconnecting players in between the switch via your daemon?

We would love to run both new DLC maps and have our servers run a full rotation. Our servers started off #3, and have lost rank rapidly due to crashing and mapathy (same 5 maps over and over). Nelson bay is a server killer in my experience.

R8 seems to have fixed things, but IMO it was way to late. Keep up the good work with the daemon.

Guardian has tons of great features like the ability to monitor "Events" such as Team switchers, team killers, joins, leaves, squad changers, and Autobalance tool that does the job. It's truly one of the best admin tools i've ever seen.

I would use that as inspiration.
keep up the good work
QuikJ
New to forums
New to forums

Post by QuikJ »

Not sure if this was brought up (on my iphone), but the duration on the chat triggers do not set correctly. If you bump it up from 5 and save, it reverts back to 5.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

jasonelmore, I just wish I had more time to work on it! I basically haven't had time since it was originally added to do anything more than little tweaks/bugfixes.

When you say monitoring events, do you mean that it just prints them out? If so, I can look into adding these through the rcon tool in the control panel. It must be simulating the team and squad switching events by frequently querying the players with serverInfo, since these are not sent by the server.

QuikJ, I will check that out.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

QuikJ, thanks for the bug report. The system was storing the correct duration, but it was not printing the right one when it loaded the page -- I've fixed this now.
crazycracka
New to forums
New to forums

Post by crazycracka »

edge

I am not getting any feedback that the Automatic server messages are working. Any ideas?

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't heard of problems with the in-game messages and they worked in my testing. What message, length, and duration are you using?
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Yeah man, it's a live feed of every single event, much like your Rcon tool does. But it covers everything. Team swaps, squad swaps, leaves, joins, all in real time. Here is a small excerpt of this morning.

I'm not sure how it does it, but you should download it, and connect to one of your servers with players, and you will see it in action. Think of it as "Research and Development" :P

Here is a pic

Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yup, it's simulating those events based on separate queries. We already show everything that the server actually tells us about :).

I can look into also simulating those same events here, but I have more limited time to work on the tool than the author of that one, so I will have to prioritize some other things first.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've just made a quick modification to the daemon to allow for timed messages to not clobber each other.

For instance, before, if you had a message set to show every 5m and another one every 15m, they'd both try to show at once (and the game server would post only one); now, the system will show one of them, wait for its duration to end, and then show the second one.

This also allows for multiple messages to have the same frequency.

Messages should show in the order that they are listed on the "Easy setup" page, so you can make multi-part notices without having to worry about them getting jumbled up.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

crazycracka wrote:edge

I am not getting any feedback that the Automatic server messages are working. Any ideas?

Thanks
For what its worth, it's working fine in both of my servers.
wjordan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by wjordan »

When I use !ban it no longer puts them in the pbban.dat.. Does this only work if PB is on
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

wjordan wrote:When I use !ban it no longer puts them in the pbban.dat.. Does this only work if PB is on
That's correct; PB will only be able to add bans when it is enabled. With PB turned off, you will get only a regular in-game ban.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm still working on the mapcycle improvement.

DICE will be changing how map cycles work a bit in R9. The ordering bug will be fixed, and it sounds like there will be other improvements, as well -- though there still will not be the built-in ability to switch from Conquest to Rush or vice versa.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Following the release of new game capabilities in R9, the daemon has been updated a bit.

* The !say command has been changed to do admin.say, and !yell has been added, to use admin.yell -- the two are listed separately on the "Easy setup" page
* It now responds to most commands through the notification area with admin.say, instead of using admin.yell
* The entirety of multi-line server rcon responses is now sent through admin.say, instead of just the first line

Additionally, the game now allows commands to be sent privately through chat. Just use:

/!command

Instead of

!command

.. and other players won't see that you did it.

I will be working on the ability for announcements to use admin.say instead of admin.yell, as well.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE also changed the way that bans worked, so I updated the admin tool to reflect the new options. More specifically, bans now happen by EA GUID (as well as through PB), and the game saves and reloads them after a restart; additionally, !ban can now accept a reason, like so:

Code: Select all

/!ban someplayer "I don't like the cut of your jib."
I also wrote up some information on how to manage bans here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =50&t=4454