BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Mycologist »

It seemed to work flawlessly after we restarted our server. My advice would be to set up your mapcycle with 2 rounds each map (which is 1 att. 1 def.), save, then restart your server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Syph wrote:Firstly, how is this intended to work? by '1' does it mean one round as attack and then one round as defenders (in effect having 2 rounds played on the map)?
My impression is that it's total rounds played for the map, either attacking or defending. The default is two, and that was always used in <=R8.
It appears ^ that is how it was functioning when I first set it up. However now it seems that it stopped acting that way and went to only 1 round per map.
I can't think of a situation in which it would be 1 round per map unless it was set up that way through the page. What output are you seeing right after a map change with "serverInfo"?

It's possible that there are bugs in the game, though.
Upon changing it back to 2. Ok, yes, I re it now got hung up on one map and wouldn't switch from it after running the "NextLevel" command 4 times after playing the map twice. So I have disabled the map cycle and will re test it again in a while.
Hmm. Were there any other events that happened for the map, and was it played for more than 30 seconds? You don't have the game's auto-balance disabled, do you? How many players were in the server at the time?
Anyone else experiencing issues? I am not sure why it went from working to not.. doesn't make sense to me unless something was changed today. But nothing appears to have been changed.
I've also seen some instances of the daemon for some reason no longer receiving events from the server. Were commands still working?
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Edge100x wrote: My impression is that it's total rounds played for the map, either attacking or defending. The default is two, and that was always used in <=R8.
Ok, That is how I thought it should work.
I can't think of a situation in which it would be 1 round per map unless it was set up that way through the page. What output are you seeing right after a map change with "serverInfo"?

It's possible that there are bugs in the game, though.

Never checked that, if it does it again I will see.
Hmm. Were there any other events that happened for the map, and was it played for more than 30 seconds? You don't have the game's auto-balance disabled, do you? How many players were in the server at the time?
This was done on a full server on the fly, so maybe I should try a reset and see if it resolves anything. The was the case as follows:

Changed server set up from 1 round to 2 rounds per map.
Upon the next map change to nelson bay we played nelson bay once as attackers and then once as defenders.
Sever then reloaded nelson bay, so after warning the crowd we used the 'nextlevel' command. It then reloaded nelson bay again... So I ran the command again. And it reloaded nelson bay again... At this point I turned off map cycle set it back to default rush and played out nelson bay.

The next map then loaded correctly. Auto balance was not disabled.

I've also seen some instances of the daemon for some reason no longer receiving events from the server. Were commands still working?
Didn't check commands during the nelson bay mess... but appeared to work before.

Anyways, I will try and enable map cycle and restart the server if it ever dies. Unfortunately it is a busy server now and is rarely empty. Which Is really a good thing I guess :D
Nightware
New to forums
New to forums

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback - Feature request

Post by Nightware »

We are quite excited to find this daemon.

We would like to be able to auto slay/kick/ban to end of round teamkillers after x and y TK events for that Nickname, within any given round.

We are also in need of a chat log, and events.
Access to the gamelog would probably be fine, if DICE allowed us to download it.

Currently we are using BC2 Guardian to log that information, but will happily abandon it if we can get similar functionality directly through the NFO tools.

[CDN] Nightware
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback - Feature request

Post by Edge100x »

Nightware wrote:We would like to be able to auto slay/kick/ban to end of round teamkillers after x and y TK events for that Nickname, within any given round.
I will look into this.
We are also in need of a chat log, and events.
Right now, you can view chat and all events in real-time through the rcon tool on the "Server control" page in your control panel, but BC2 doesn't generate logs with this content and save them to disk. DICE is considering adding support for more robust logging.
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chenzo »

I wish it did some logging. We just had the server crash, for no reason from what I could tell.

Nothing in the PB logs. This had never happened before. It came right back up, so I don't know what happened.

Kinda sucks... :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The server does keep some logs meant to help DICE debug issues, but we aren't allowed to let anyone else see them =\.

Most of the crashes that I've seen recently have been due to Plasma issues. We just had this happen to a bunch of servers at 1:30pm PDT.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I just made some adjustments to the cycler to try to work around a possible bug with the game's handling of one-round maps. If anyone has problems following this, please let me know.
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Would it be possible to distinguish TK's from regular kills in the existing server log under "server control"?

It seems that is one feature from Gaurdian that I miss in tracking down TK'ers
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Syph wrote:Would it be possible to distinguish TK's from regular kills in the existing server log under "server control"?
I can look into this, but it would require that either the daemon retain additional state on each server or that it make a query after each kill to see if the person killed was on the same team. Either is doable, but they make this non-trivial to add, so it's not something that I can quickly push out.
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chenzo »

Edge100x wrote:The server does keep some logs meant to help DICE debug issues, but we aren't allowed to let anyone else see them =\.

Most of the crashes that I've seen recently have been due to Plasma issues. We just had this happen to a bunch of servers at 1:30pm PDT.

Ah. Thanks for the reply. It has been stable since. And the Daemon is working as expected! niiiiice.
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Edge100x wrote:
Syph wrote:Would it be possible to distinguish TK's from regular kills in the existing server log under "server control"?
I can look into this, but it would require that either the daemon retain additional state on each server or that it make a query after each kill to see if the person killed was on the same team. Either is doable, but they make this non-trivial to add, so it's not something that I can quickly push out.
Hmm ok, Just throwing it out there but wouldn't it be possible to include the data from the status page that tells you the team information (1 or 2) and then just use that data in the control page? Even just a different text color for US and RuS would suffice and then you could put 2 and 2 together if you know what I mean.

not sure if that is even possible or simple for that matter but an idea I am sure you thought of already :lol:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Syph wrote:Hmm ok, Just throwing it out there but wouldn't it be possible to include the data from the status page that tells you the team information (1 or 2) and then just use that data in the control page? Even just a different text color for US and RuS would suffice and then you could put 2 and 2 together if you know what I mean.
Adding another query to have it check the players in the server would be an example of the second option that I gave. It's not actually a very good one, though, because the system would be forced to make that query for every kill. Multiplied by all the servers that we have, that's a non-substantial amount of queries, and would noticeably slow the system down.

We're talking about implementation details and there's not too much sense in doing that further until I have time to look at this in more depth. I should have probably said less -- just that this is more complicated to add than, say, !scramble would be.
Dog_Pound
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dog_Pound »

For those of us with multiple servers, it would be nice if the config holding the admins and their privileges was accessible so we could just copy to the other servers instead of having to re-enter everything ;)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Dog_Pound wrote:For those of us with multiple servers, it would be nice if the config holding the admins and their privileges was accessible so we could just copy to the other servers instead of having to re-enter everything ;)
It's stored in the database, so it can't be copied and pasted like that. Right now, the system does allow for different servers to use identical admins+messages, but nothing beyond that, and there's currently no way for users to set that option. I will be investigating a good way to expose that option and other ways to share information between installs -- possibly with a drop-down menu asking what server to copy settings to.